Lloyd's List Intelligence delivers news, intelligence and analysis to the global maritime industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions. Our mission is to provide a valuable advantage across 6 key industries within the maritime sector. From news and insight, vessel tracking and casualties; Lloyd’s List & Lloyd’s List Intelligence remain the most trusted intelligence sources in global maritime space, as it has been since 1734.
- Researching and writing insightful stories and covering breaking stories
- Appearing in video content and podcasts
- Contributing to editorial-led events and podcasts
- Representing Lloyd’s List at industry events and raising LL’s profile in APAC
- Generating story leads and building industry contacts
- Contributing to the development of our social media presence and multimedia platform
- At least 5 years’ experience in a journalist or reporter role, preferably business
- Experience in reporting for shipping industry an advantage
- Strong editorial skills, able to write clean copy to tight deadlines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Self-starter, with ability to learn quickly on the job and understand the wider issues of the industry
- Proficiency in CMS handling, online production and MS office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Infogram skills an advantage
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise on a daily basis
- Team player who works collaboratively within a global network of editorial staff
- Proficiency in written and verbal English. Command of an Asian language essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use own initiative to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most, but not all of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Please let us know of any adjustments we need to make for you to show us your best self.