Senior HR Advisor (Interim)
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating, and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment, and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Please note that this role in on a Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2023.
Responsibilities of the Senior HR Advisor (known internally as HR Manager):
- Provide employee relations advice to managers and colleagues, applying policies accordingly to ensure appropriate outcomes.
- Manage employee relations casework including performance management/PIP, dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, and redundancy.
- Act as a trusted advisor on all people and organisation related topics.
- Support and embed organisational change, ensuring that new people initiatives are championed in their client group.
- Ensure HR processes are executed in alignment with expectations and that process touch points are properly owned/executed including employee lifecycle i.e. on/off boarding, on and off-cycle changes to terms and conditions, etc.
- Enable managers to become self-sufficient with regard to day-to-day employee matters, providing expert guidance on sensitive or high-profile employee relations matters as well as those with wider organisation.
- To pro-actively engage internal customers to build strong and collaborative business partnerships and relationships.
- Coach and challenge managers to help them reach decisions on all aspects of people management.
- Train managers and leaders on handling key people issues, chiefly on performance management.
- Working collaboratively within a matrix structure with other HR teams/functions to align and achieve business and people initiatives.
- Use best practice knowledge from the external market and other HR specialists to help guide internal policies and interventions.
- Ad hoc HR project work as required to update/review company policies and procedures and develop company’s HR function in line with company objectives.
- Support the HR BP team in delivering the strategic objectives of the People Plan.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven HR generalist experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application across the UK; US employment relations experience and knowledge would be an advantage
- Proven experience in managing performance and conduct related cases
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Is able to identify and leverage the collective expertise of the HRBP community, HR Specialists and the HR Shared Services team to provide best in class HR services
- Able to challenge and influence managers
- Strong data analysis and Microsoft Excel skills
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.