Event Operations Coordinator
At Informa, we’re passionate about knowledge and connections.
We're here to help businesses and professionals all over the world to learn more, know more and do more.
And we do that in many ways: creating and delivering specialist content, expert research, powerful live events and exciting on demand experiences, digital platforms that connect innovators with funders, data-driven services that help businesses find new customers and reach bigger audiences, and more.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for delivering a program of B2C events, project managing all logistical aspects, and be the lead operations contact for the Canadian portfolio of events. The role will help support growth and revenue goals and work directly with show management.
Hybrid Job Model- 2 days in office and 3 remote.
- Plan and organize all logistical aspects of each event.
- Deliver events on-time and on-budget and to seek to continuously improve event delivery and creativity.
- Co-handle relationships and negotiate partnerships and costs with facilities and outside suppliers including AV, general services, cleaning, F & B, staffing agencies, signage, registration, security, decorators and contractors.
- Act as the liaison between the sales team and show management regarding floor plans, room layouts and booth Responsible for obtaining necessary approvals from relevant authorities.
- Control exhibitor/ sponsor communications and services as it relates to the operational details of the event.
- Oversee event move in / move out logistics, event set up, staffing.
- Ensure health and safety compliance on-site and within the office.
- Lead show and office supplies and assets onsite, in warehouse and with third party storage.
- Work on operational budgets, YOY proposal analysis, invoice review and reconciliation.
- Oversee the maintenance and growth of our registration process, ticketing and
- Oversee operational website updates and efficiency.
- Maintain good knowledge of contractors and venues to evaluate the services, facilities and best practices that are available within the industry.
- Collaborate with other departments including sales, sponsorship and marketing teams to ensure all processes are efficient and effective as possible, suggesting new processes where necessary.
- Work with the senior management team to enhance the product and service offering across the portfolio to maintain market leadership.
- Manage the effectiveness of office operations.
- Assist with diverse range of tasks throughout portfolio and office.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and adaptable to constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, balance workload and meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinker who can make suggestions for improving event and process
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and team player
- College or University degree in event management, business management or project management
- 3 – 5 years of operational and/ or event management experience
- Experience with Illustrator and floor planning considered an asset
- Experience with Salesforce and/ or other CRM platforms considered an asset
- Logistics experience considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends during event dates
- Travel 4-5 events per year within Canada and US. Valid passport is mandatory
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
If you're excited about this role but have different working experience from what is listed above, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, provincial, or local law.
Informa welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process in accordance with the Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please submit your request to the Human Resources department via our recruiting system and we will work with you to determine how we can best meet your needs. Application Submission Please submit a cover letter along with your resume at