Customer Operations Specialist - 6 Months FTC
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy.
Our leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
We are listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, operating in more than 30 countries and employing over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s divisions include:
- Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
- Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
- Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
- Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
- Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
- Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
Your main role will primarily be aiding our Cash Applications colleagues with their workload and contacting customers by phone and email to identify and investigate the reason for unallocated credit amounts and resolving them in being cleared. You will work closely with the following teams; Cash Applications, Customer Operations, and Credit Control.
This role is vital in bringing down the overall credit balance, yet the implications will greatly impact helping our internal and external stakeholders alike and more importantly our customers and their experience with Informa.
There will be possible scope to move over to Customer Operations depending on resource, however full training and support will be provided in all areas.
The Customer Operations Specialist role is intended to provide and maintain a high quality service to both internal and external Publishing and/or Events customers, provide an effective and efficient service to customers and to enhance our customer service reputation.
There will be different tasks required dependant on your level and these will be Shared Services Centre specific (SSC). You will need to refer to your SSC’s documentation for full details of these tasks.
You will be required to be flexible with your working hours dependent upon the opening hours of your specific SSC.
You should be aware of the customer and the whole customer experience, offering a ‘Gold service’ to all customers to show we appreciate their custom, responding in a polite and timely manner with all the required information relating to their order.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Customer Operations Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Utilise relevant systems to resolve customer requests
- Handle Inbound/Outbound calls
- Handle all correspondence concerned with orders and action any edits or amendments as requested
- Accurately record all relevant information provided by internal and external customers ensuring that the required quality standards are maintained
- Channel feedback from customers through to correct departments
- Process customer orders quickly and accurately, ensuring appropriate margins are achieved
- Responsibility for customer’s online access either directly (BI Tech Support) or indirectly by channelling queries to the appropriate department (SSC Specific)
- Ensuring that customer claims are handled efficiently through relevant systems.
- Responsible for escalating queries or complaints to your Team Leader or Manager where appropriate
- Building strong working relationships with business teams, customers and your team
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner with high quality
- Other Ad hoc duties
- Good knowledge and understanding of customer operations processes
- Knowledge of best practice in customer service operations
- A good knowledge of SAP system preferable
- Recognised qualification preferable
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
· Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
· 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
· Competitive Benefits
· Work with high quality specialist products
· Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
· Share-Match options - become a shareholder
· Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Please let us know of any adjustments we need to make for you to show us your best self. We want all of our candidates to shine in the recruitment process! See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here - Informa Applicant Privacy Notice