Tax & Financial Accountant - FTC 12 Months
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Tax & Financial Accounting team is a global team responsible for the preparation and submission of indirect and direct tax filings, statutory account filings and treasury back office functions. The role will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of service delivery in line with agreed timelines.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to. You must also ensure that duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Informa takes the security and privacy of company, colleague and customer data seriously and you are responsible for working securely and supporting this within your duties.
The Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Prepare and submit VAT returns to a high standard in line with timetable, this includes both UK and overseas VAT returns
• Prepare and submit EC Sales lists
• Ensure all relevant queries are followed up in a timely manner
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard and to deadline
• Prepare annual PSA return
• Prepare and review total tax contributions for direct and indirect taxes
• Assist with the preparation and submission of corporation tax and withholding tax returns
• Complete detailed analysis of general ledger codes for use in the tax returns
• Assist with obtaining certificates of residence from tax authorities
• Prepare draft statutory accounts with clear and concise working files
• Assist with the iXBRL tagging of the statutory accounts
• Assist with posting, reporting and any other work associated with dormant and non-trading entities
• Prepare and review National Statistic returns
• Assist with the review of Assistant Accountants work as required
• Assist with the daily and monthly treasury back office processes
• Assist with monitoring team inboxes and responding on a timely basis including adhoc VAT, financial compliance and withholding tax queries
• Assist with system testing for VAT rule changes and setting up new VAT registrations across the world
• Assist with preparation of information for internal and external stakeholders on an adhoc basis
• Assist with adhoc project work as required
• Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Shared Service Centre processes and how these fit into the wider environment
• Good understanding of all Tax & Financial Accounting best practices, people, processes and technology
• Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
• Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
• Good presentation skills
• General duty of care to colleagues
• Work collaboratively across teams
• Act as a role model to others
• Provide help and a buddy system to other members of the team depending upon your level (SSC Specific)
Skills & Abilities
• Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
• Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
• Remain approachable under pressure
• Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
• Work as part of a team
• Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
• Pro-actively solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good time management skills
• Ability to be flexible within role
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organised, diligent with attention to detail
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
· Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
· 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
· Competitive Benefits
· Work with high quality specialist products
· Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
· Share-Match options - become a shareholder
· Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Please let us know of any adjustments we need to make for you to show us your best self. We want all of our candidates to shine in the recruitment process! See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here - Informa Applicant Privacy Notice