Product Manager, Omdia
Informa Tech is a global provider of research, events and media for the technology community. We are on a journey to become a digital-first, customer-centric, data-driven company and we have high-growth ambitions based on accelerating our digital revenues.
We’re seeking an outcome and digitally focused Product Manager to join our research division Omdia to support and develop the Omdia research platform. The role is core to us achieving our ambition of creating a best-in-class platform for our customers and adopting an agile, test and learn approach to product management.
You will work with colleagues across research business as well as product and technology teams to maintain and enhance the capabilities and optimization of the Omdia platform. You will also ensure any user information and product collateral on the platform remains current and relevant.
Our organisational structure is matrix-based and the central Omdia product management team (where this role sits) works closely with central Informa Tech teams and business units that have P&L responsibility for a portfolio of brands across media, events, research and training. Therefore, the ability to build relationships and work with a variety of stakeholders is a key part of the role.
The role suits a proactive, goal-oriented candidate who thrives in complicated but ambitious organisations and is enthusiastic about understanding customer problems and solving them.
The best fit for this role will be someone who has experience working within a customer-centric, digital product function that applies a test and learn approach to development. The role covers the following responsibilities and areas of focus:
- Customer-centricity: engage with and understand the needs of your customers and use this to make decisions on where to focus and what to prioritise
- Product backlog: prioritise and manage the backlog to ensure it supports BAU and new feature development
- Product portfolio management: ensure products and content are accurately and effectively presented on the platform, applying fixes in the CMS or development work and automating processes where possible
- Continuous improvement: own a roadmap that is focused on improving discoverability of content, site speed and UX focused design
- User engagement: work with the marketing team and build new features and functionality to increase customer engagement and encourage prospects to register
- Experimentation: define hypotheses, test ideas and carry out test analysis to improve processes and UX
- Optimisation: own the optimisation strategy for the platform, and review core customer and prospect journeys to identify barriers to conversion and customer goal attainment
- Data & analytics: analyse site performance and customer and prospect engagement to understand performance and drive decision making
- Stakeholder engagement: work closely with product managers, technology teams and Omdia business stakeholders to develop new solutions on the platform
- Communication: ensure Omdia non-product colleagues have visibility of fixes and new developments in the pipeline
- Digital product management: experience managing a portfolio of digital products and services
- Platform management: experience managing digital platforms to support BAU, drive efficiency and optimise discoverability of content through iterative development
- Analytics: expertise in web analytics and other analytics and reporting tools
- Digital best practices: in-depth knowledge of best practices in user experience, SEO, engagement, funnels and conversion
- A/B testing: hands-on expertise with A/B testing tools, processes and analysis
- A highly organised approach: resourceful, flexible and action-oriented with experience driving focus and prioritisation in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial acumen: understand drivers of profitability and the commercial mechanics of our industry
- Decision-making: having the confidence to make quick decisions based on the available data and move forward at pace in an environment of ambiguity
- Comms and visibility: effective at managing expectations and communications (written and verbal) to all levels and disciplines in the organisation
- Experience working in a matrix-based organisation: building relationships and trust across a range of teams and functions and advantage
- Collaboration: experience working in a matrix-based organisation or building relationships and trust across a range of teams and functions and managing expectations
- Operational understanding of research or data businesses is an advantage
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Please let us know of any adjustments we need to make for you to show us your best self. We want all of our candidates to shine in the recruitment process!
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.