Events Operations Manager
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of high-quality, peer reviewed scholarly journals, books, e-books and reference works. We empower learners, thinkers and doers with trusted knowledge that advances research and enriches lives. We bring together diverse people, ideas and opinions to validate and publish the experts, theories and truths that matter. And we’ve been doing this in an unbroken arc since 1798.
Our purpose is to foster human progress through knowledge. We strongly believe that this requires us to encourage and examine different ideas and voices, so that any work that meets our exacting levels of quality deserves to be included in our publications. This requires open minds, the opportunity for robust debate, and the courage to defend perspectives that stand up to scrutiny, even if they conflict with our personal beliefs or values. Because that’s the only way to find the best obtainable version of the truth and, ultimately, foster human progress. If you agree, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are currently looking for the right person to join our Events Team and fill the exciting position of Events Operations Manager. Reporting to the Global Corporate Events Director, the role primarily will be to support the execution of operational delivery around assigned events. You will have the support and commitment of the operations team that will ensure each event, internal and external, are a success. This is role where your ability to be highly organised, self-motivating and efficient, along with a can-do attitude will add value and prestige to the outcome of the events.
This role will require 25% travel
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of a wider operational project team on events, you will create, lead, deliver and maintain show specific project plans, inline with agreed formats, ensuring a clean execution for events on an event-by-event basis.
- Communicate the detailed delivery plan to internal teams and vendors with clear accountability pre-event to ensure exceptional delivery onsite
- Organize post-event debriefs, to continuously improve the events, and cascade to the vendors and suppliers
- Proficient in managing total show operational budgets as well as being responsible for vendor payments, ensuring bills are paid on time and update budget and voice trackers accordingly
- Providing accurate production costs to internal teams
- Manage production work for the areas of responsibility assigned to you on your shows that you are not the lead on
- Creating strong working relationships and communication processes at all time
- Manage multiple projects at once and deal with unexpected situations on show site.
- Negotiate with general contractors and other vendors.
- Ability to evaluate big picture supported recommendations to leadership team
- Willingness to delight our customers (internal and external) with creativity and experiences
- Responsible for also working on internal events on a global scale
- Ensuring you are working within the company’s H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines at all times.
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well with people in a service-oriented fashion
- Ability to travel and attend multiple trade shows, conferences, and site visits
- Ambitious, energetic, positive and inquisitive constantly looking for the upside and ways of making things better
- Proactively manage all aspects of the event, someone who takes time to listen to our customers (internal/external) always looking to exceed expectations and assist with solution
- 3 plus years relevant event operations execution
- An established track record of delivering operational success in the B2B or B2C space.
- Working closely with event teams: event director, marketing, sales, and finance departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work outside of traditional workday hours when needed, Travel is required
What we offer in return:
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Life events paid time off; i.e. moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Salary: The pay range for this position is $70 - $80,000 depending on experience ~ Hourly rate ranging from $34.62 - $40.11
You must have the right to live and work in the US.
You must have the right to work and live in the US. This role will be based from home in the US, with regular travel to our office in Philadelphia and events as required.
Applications will close on 7th April 2023. Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.