Senior Research Analyst - Sports Media and Entertainment
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
Working under the supervision of the Research Director, the Senior Research Analyst - Sports Media and Entertainment professional researches the market around sports rights, licensing, monetization, and fan engagement strategies. Produces reports, forecasts, presentations and opinion pieces. This role is tasked to aid clients in adapting to the constant changing sports landscape and developing new innovative ideas to track the emerging monetization opportunities like esports and metaverse.
In collaboration with sales, trade publications and events teams, this role will be instrumental in creating dedicated in-depth sports coverage by producing quality research, launching new research products, presenting thought leadership, and assisting marketing and sales efforts.
Deep knowledge of US sports industry and familiarity with international sports landscape are a must.
The Senior Research Analyst - Sports Media and Entertainment is responsible for:
- Data, highly credible and consistent base data, market shares and forecasts;
- Thought leadership, regular and recognized market insight on changes, risks and opportunity
- Consulting, leading small customer projects and contributing to large ones
The Senior Research Analyst - Sports Media and Entertainment is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Thought leadership – Produce written insights and press material that provides a solution perspective; be opinionated and look for opportunities to comment on industry news; highly recognized within coverage areas
- Primary research – Lead interviews with key industry contacts; attend shows; F2F visits to support relationship development with leading industry figures; using interviews to offer opinion and insight on market developments
- Secondary research – Using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including – the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
- Forecasting – Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks; develop forecast scenarios
- Writing – Provide qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; use a text plan and outline structure to support concise output; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends; include guidance and opinion on risks and opportunities
- Sales support – Carry out demonstrations of our products and services to clients and prospective clients. Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering.
- Inquiries and consulting support – Support client inquiries, provide deeper insights into forecasts, reports, and other produced research. Work with consulting resources and senior team members on consulting projects, perform primary/secondary research to build proposed deliverables.
- Event and media support – Partner with the events and media teams to further Informa Tech’s position in the space, to build a platform for showcasing our research, and to develop new research propositions based on intelligence gathered at events
- Strong industry knowledge of all aspects of sports rights exploitation is a must; familiarity with video delivery and live content broadcast technology industry is a bonus
- Ability to find and piece together data from multiple sources and to connect the dots; able to create the “story”
- Use assumptions and logical thinking to create estimates, scenarios and forecasts
- Planning and executing deliverables to capture key research highlights
- Excel database and pivot table expertise. Solid grasp of Excel for data building and data manipulation required.
- Prior experience in using a variety of media for outreach and developing relationships
- Confident in hosting and/or leading customer briefings and calls about specific topics and markets
- Experience working collaboratively towards a common goal; knows who and where to seek support
- Ability to find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Creating insightful and opinionated reports in a structured and concise way
- Prioritising time for competing tasks
- 5+ years experience
- New York or Los Angeles based candidates strongly preferred; remote US-based candidates will be considered
The pay range for this position is $70,000 - $100,000, depending on experience
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.