PR & Communications Manager
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
Informa Tech serves 9 market groups including: Artificial Intelligence, Components & Devices, Cybersecurity, Enterprise IT, Game, Industry Verticals, Internet of Things, Media and Entertainment and Service Providers. We offer an unrivalled reach to decision-makers in the technology marketplace, leveraging over 100 recognized brands trusted for research, information, education, and networking. The individual who fills this role will specifically support the products and services within the Cybersecurity Market Group.
The PR & Communications Manager is responsible for developing messages and targeted product and editorial pitches to drive press, media and analyst interest and interaction with our events, products, and services. The Manager is also responsible for developing and writing clear and compelling narratives and descriptive copy for our products, as well as overseeing internal and external communications for the Cybersecurity group. This manager will also be responsible for monitoring all media channels for cybersecurity-related communications and for creating & contributing relevant materials for those channels, as appropriate.
- Work closely with Marketing Team, Editorial, Research, Event Production, and Sales year-round to set and track against PR goals for all products and events within the portfolio. Assist in development of comprehensive plans for each event and brand
- Craft narratives, presentations, and descriptions of the various products and services within the Cybersecurity portfolio, to be used across multiple platforms (websites, email, Sales materials, corporate presentations, press releases, etc)
- Drive PR and communications tactics such as press release writing and overall brand messaging, proactive media outreach and influencer relationship building
- Help secure pre-show event highlight pieces that fit the event(s) into larger trends within its respective industry
- Work with team (and contractors where necessary) on-site to manage press room, dealing with real-time requests from members of the media, registering them, and coordinating coverage
- Work with Event Managers and Editorial leadership as appropriate on spokesperson development, by ghost writing contributed articles and developing those individuals as thought leaders through relevant industry speaking opportunities
- Stay on top of industry trends and latest technology advancements by reading industry publications, attending relevant professional development events and reporting back learnings to team
- Demonstrated PR and/or promotional marketing/communications experience.
- Positive experience in working in a collaborative team environment
- Successful experience and demeanor liaising with media, conducting proactive outreach and managing inbound requests in a strategic and timely manner
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive and demonstrate a willingness to take ownership is key to success. Candidate must be detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills a must. Candidate should be able to demonstrate strong writing of communications plans, media news releases, messaging documents and more, while also showing a track record of strong professional relationships developed with key industry and internal stakeholders
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000 depending on experience.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.