Content Booking Coordinator - Fan Expo (Remote)
FAN EXPO HQ is the largest pop-culture event producer in North America. Our mission is to deliver the ultimate fan experience through our growing portfolio of events, which includes MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Dallas, FAN EXPO Boston, FAN EXPO Denver, FAN EXPO San Francisco, FAN EXPO Canada, Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, FAN EXPO Vancouver, and more.
FAN EXPO HQ is a division of Informa, the world’s leading events company, and together we create opportunities for fans to explore and celebrate all things pop-culture, through operational excellence, fandom expertise, and out-of-this-world content.
You are accountable for the following:
- Work directly the Content Manager to draft contracts for Talent bookings. This will include writing, reviewing and sending contracts to Talent brokers with a high level of accuracy.
- Liaise with Talent Booking Agencies to ensure contracts are being executed and fulfilled according to agreed upon timelines.
- Monitor all contract deadlines and maintain status of Talent Bookings for each show.
- Update guest database system with contract deal points as they become available.
- Process and maintain all accounting records related to Talent payments for all shows. This includes requesting proper paperwork from Talent agencies, submitting payments to accounting, following up on payments and recording reimbursements required.
- Work with Content Manager on creating special event packages for specific Talent for events.
- Maintain the accuracy of websites (Talent appearance days and pricing).
- Manage Talent cash outs on-site for all events. This includes keeping detailed records of Talent’s pre-payments, following up on the status of their sales at the events on a daily basis and creating post-show reports for Talent brokers and internal Management.
- Manage Appearance Fee budget line for each event. This includes forecasting risk and updating with actuals after each event.
- Create and maintain Talent agency guest database for ease of reference for future Talent bookings.
- Liaise with Marketing Team on Guest announcement schedules and relay information to Talent Booking brokers to increase social media engagement.
- Work directly with Content Manager on print & electronical collateral deadlines. This includes providing full lists of confirmed Talent for each event as requested.
- Provide support to Guest Relations Department with other administrative duties as required
- Lead on-site for the management of high-level Talent (as required).
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in equivalent experience (business, human resource, communications).
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in an administrative capacity.
- Ability to assess multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet tight deadlines and constant changing priorities.
- Highly organized and has great attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with various levels of management within the organization, as well as with Talent brokers.
- Previous experience in contract management considered an asset.
- General knowledge of Pop Culture considered and asset.
- Experience in the entertainment or talent industry preferred
- Extensive travel is required for this role within the United States and Canada
- Background in accounting dealing with contracts, onsite payments and reconciliations
- Valid passport required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- The pay range for this position is $44,625 - $50,000, depending on experience
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.