Reporter, Facilities Management
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 13 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Facilities Management Dive is looking for ambitious, curious and creative journalists who are excited to join Industry Dive’s newest publication. Be part of a collaborative team covering the evolving facilities management industry.
In this role, you will make an immediate impact as we launch the daily publication, helping us shape coverage as you report on a wide-range of topics, such as the rapid modernization of buildings, including green and smart technologies; changing workplace dynamics, such as growing hybrid offices; and oversight of real estate decisions and building infrastructure. As part of your regular responsibilities, you will report and write quick-turn news briefs as well as feature-length stories.
You will own your beat by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and consistently staying on top of important developments through a variety of online and other resources. You will pitch and report original stories on a daily basis.
You will also have some regular editing responsibilities. This position reports to the senior managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- A proven track record of strong writing and reporting skills
- Deep curiosity about the facilities management space
- Familiarity with business journalism and ability to interpret business concepts
- Aptitude for building source relationships to advance original reporting
- Experience pitching to and working collaboratively with an editor
- Ability to write under deadline in a fast-paced news environment
- At least 3 years of experience in journalism
We’d love it if you had the following:
- A year or more experience covering the facilities management or commercial real estate industries, or related fields
- Strong track record of writing enterprise features that go beyond the news and advance broader narratives
- Familiarity with company creation, venture capital and the initial public offering process
- Familiarity with publishing daily or weekly email newsletters
When applying please provide one or two clips of your work that you are particularly proud of.
The salary range for the role is $61,625 - $80,000 depending on experience.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.