Reporter, Healthcare Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 13 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
We’re Industry Dive, a fast-growing business journalism company based out of Washington, DC. We’re looking for sharp, talented journalists who are working to further their abilities in business journalism and digital news.
Currently, we are hiring for an experienced Reporter to write and produce content for Healthcare Dive.
You will get a chance to help grow a digital product, work closely with your team to cover an important sector, and use all your journalism tools. You’ll workshop story ideas with a team, develop sources for the publication, and work in a fast-growing, innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity.
The Reporter will regularly report and write stories; from breaking news briefs to in-depth original articles and features that analyze the trends and events impacting the healthcare landscape. You will own your beat by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and monitoring trends, news and industry developments, as well as pitching original stories. You will also have some regular editing responsibilities.
When applying please provide one or two clips of your work that you are particularly proud of.
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting and writing business stories, involving one or more of the core topics: Healthcare
- Ability and proven track record of delivering scoops and exclusive news.
- Experience pitching to and working collaboratively with an editor.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source building.
- An aptitude for shaping B2B news stories, including through the use of public financial filings or source documents and public records requests.
- Experience writing web headlines and copy editing content.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Ability to work with a fast-paced, dynamic team which publishes multiple audience-specific newsletters each week.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience as a journalist, including at least 2 years covering cybersecurity. Business journalism experience preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Healthcare Dive team to produce daily and weekly newsletters — reporting, writing and editing in a collaborative fashion.
- Pitch and cover breaking news in the industry while conceiving and executing longer analytical pieces and projects.
- Identify key industry storylines we can own and help establish and execute on long-term goals for the publication.
- Show versatility in writing for different audiences, or in different formats.
- Use Google Analytics or other analytics-monitoring tools to help inform our content strategy.
The salary range for the role is $78,000 - $90,000 depending on experience.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.