Editor, Facilities Management
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 13 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Facilities Management Dive is looking for ambitious, curious and creative journalists who are excited to join Industry Dive’s newest publication. Be part of a collaborative team covering the evolving facilities management industry.
As an editor for Facilities Management Dive, you will make an immediate impact as we launch the daily publication, helping us shape our coverage. You will work closely with a team to identify, edit and write stories that lead our stories on a range of topics, such as the rapid modernization of buildings, including green and smart technologies; changing workplace trends like hybrid offices; and oversight of real estate decisions and building infrastructure. You will help elevate all types of stories, whether it's a breaking news brief or an in-depth analysis of trends, as well as assist in planning and executing big projects. You will also have the opportunity to write, cultivate sources, and pitch stories on your beat.
This position reports to the senior managing editor.
What you can bring to the table:
- A track record of editing, writing and reporting
- Proven time management skills, particularly on deadline
- Ability to deftly edit various types of story formats, including but not limited to breaking news, short-form briefs and long-form trend stories
- A team player who takes joy in workshopping subject lines, headlines, sentence structure and strategy with others
- An aptitude for analyzing trends, data and issues for business leaders
- 3 or more years of experience in journalism or a related field.
When applying please provide one or two clips of your work that you are particularly proud of.
We’d love it if you:
- Had a year or more experience covering facilities management or commercial real estate industries, or related fields
- Excel at project management and collaborative projects
- Are interested in working on innovative storytelling formats or data visualization projects
- Familiarity with publishing daily or weekly email newsletters
- Know how to build relationships with important sources and report on complex subjects
- Can prove a solid understanding of the economic forces at play in designated beats
- Have experience reading earnings reports and can spot information useful for executives
- Worked with freelancers, sending assignments, editing their work and providing feedback
The salary range for the role is $61,625 - $80,000 depending on experience.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.