Fan Expo - Operations Project Manager
FAN EXPO HQ is the largest pop-culture event producer in the world. Our mission is to deliver the ultimate fan experience through our growing portfolio of events, which includes MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Dallas, FAN EXPO Boston, FAN EXPO Chicago, FAN EXPO New Orleans, FAN EXPO Portland, FAN EXPO St Louis, FAN EXPO Cleveland, FAN EXPO Philadelphia FAN EXPO Denver, FAN EXPO San Francisco, FAN EXPO Canada, Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, Edmonton Expo, FAN EXPO Vancouver, and more.
FAN EXPO HQ is a division of Informa, the world’s leading events company, and together we create opportunities for fans to explore and celebrate all things pop-culture, through operational excellence, fandom expertise, and out-of-this-world content.
Standard Operational Procedures
- Provide Global Solutions for Operations across FXHQ Portfolio
- Review overall Operations processes at FAN EXPO HQ
- Provide recommendations for improvements and efficiencies
- Develop an overall project plan based on company policies and procedures, identifying milestones and deadlines
- Manager the project schedule to meet the deliverables while collaborating closely with other team members and departments
- Review project plans to determine feasibility, scope of work required, and potential risk involved
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior operations coordinators (dotted line)
- Manage regular Operations Coordinator Meetings/Agendas
- Market Workback Review to confirm Operational Readiness & Efficient Delivery for staffing/volunteers, budget review – supporting on the operations lines, security, decorators, flow/dots, signage, F & B, etc.
Procurement & Global Supplier Management
- Negotiation of Facility contracts, Hotel Contracts, Key Supplier Contracts for FXHQ
- RFP for Key Suppliers as needed
- Manage Key Global Suppliers including GrowTix (ticketing), ID & C: Badges/Wristbands, t-Shirts and lanyards, printing globally, insurance
- Create and manage risk assessment plans
- Handle incident reports
- Maintain and improve sustainability fundamentals in collaboration with our global team
Health, Safety & Compliance
- Ensure all events create and submit their Response Plans & Emergency Plans
Best Fan Experience
- Review fan experience from beginning to end and look for improvements/efficiencies
- Lead the digital enablement: digitization of fan experience
- College or University degree in Event Management, Business Management or Project Management preferred
- Ability to work and deliver planning phase remotely, outside office environment
- 5+ years of event management experience
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends during event dates
- Travel 4-5 events per year within Canada and U.S.
- Valid passport is mandatory
- Excellent Managerial skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and work closely with suppliers, partners and colleagues.
- Strong work ethic
- Critical thinker who can make suggestions for improving event and process
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills and adaptable to constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure, balance workload and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and team player
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Comprehensive personal time off package, including vacation days, paid personal and volunteering days and a day off for your birthday!
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits after one month of continuous service
- Retirement group plan with company matching program after 6 months of continuous service
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.