Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The HR Advisor is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Build solid and trusting partnerships with respective management team members to support the delivery the HR service
- Provides guidance to managers on employee relations issues, including disciplinary and grievance matters, identifying opportunities and anticipating risks, escalating them to the Lead HR BPs/Head of HR, Europe or legal team as appropriate.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on all people and organisation related topics.
- Support and embed organisational change, ensuring that new people initiatives are championed in their client group.
- Ensures that HR processes are executed in alignment with expectations and that process touch points are properly owned/executed including employee lifecycle i.e. on/off boarding, on and off-cycle changes to terms and conditions, colleague engagement etc.
- Enables managers to become self-sufficient with regard to day-to-day employee matters.
- Ensures that employee data is of the highest quality and contributes and understands the people metrics for the assigned business area, including headcount, performance, talent, attrition, spans of control, engagement etc and uses data to inform HR actions and priorities.
- Undertake project as and when required.
- Relationship builder who creates partnerships based on trust.
- Has good organisational awareness and looks for impacts/opportunities beyond the boundaries of their role
- Is able to identify and leverage the collective expertise of the HR community including, HR management HR Specialists and the HR Shared Services team to provide best in class HR services.
- Able to work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Able to challenge and influence managers
- Confident, calm and focused.
- Involved and passionate, but able to exercise objectivity and detachment towards high quality outcomes.
- CIPD or equivalent qualifaction
- Has a good understanding of HR practices and policies
- Clear, succinct verbal and written communication skills
- 25 days' paid holiday per year pro rata (increasing to 27 days after 2 years' service ) and bank holidays
- Hybrid role with balanced working (offce/ WFH), flexible working hours
- Volunteer days
- Additional benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Season ticket loan, Cycle2work scheme and more
- Healthy Lifestyle subsidy/ Mental well-being support
- Money purchased pension scheme and life assurance
- ShareMatch Scheme, Informa's colleagues Share incentive plan matches every share purchased with two free shares
- Learning & Development - Our Learning team supports year-round development with face-to-face training, access to Linked-in Learning
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.