Business Development Manager - SuperReturn
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with Portfolio needs and personal targets, building and maintaining a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Developing key accounts and existing client relationships, identifying and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process, providing innovative solutions based upon a deep understanding of SuperReturn product base
- Business Partnering effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production team to ensure accurate delivery of client/event requirements
- Building a thorough understanding of the private capital market, clients and competitors
- Attending key private capital competitor events
- 2 – 4 years SpEx / Media / b2b / industry relevant sales experience
- Demonstrating a consultative sales process in handling complex briefs, responding with considered and creative solutions
- Undertaking mapping exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape
- Engaging with stakeholders at a senior level, comfortable in cross/up selling to both acquire new business and grow existing accounts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems, having led and encouraged team members to protect and maintain the integrity of the system
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- A confident and articulate verbal and written communicator, can foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Possesses excellent prioritisation skills, has the foresight to anticipate obstacles and displays tenacity in overcoming them
- Has gravitas and mental agility when presenting solutions
- Takes pride and personal responsibility for maintaining Informa Connect brand
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Please let us know of any adjustments we need to make for you to show us your best self. We