Senior Analyst, Industrial Sustainability
Informa Tech informs, educates and connects the technology community through world-class research, training, events and media. A vibrant community of over 1,000 colleagues across 19 locations, we’re dedicated to inspiring the tech community to design better, to build better.
Which is why we champion you, the individual, to make an impact through change and innovation. Life at Informa means more freedom and fewer barriers. Our entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, encouraging our team to stick their hands up to spark innovation, or get stuck in to deliver amazing results. It’s time to feel the impact of your work and enjoy making a difference. Are you ready to start your future, today?
Help leading global players in their sustainability transformation journey, and become the primary contributor in supporting the expansion of Omdia's research covering industrial sustainability.
Topics include the role of digital transformation in enabling industrial sustainability, energy management and emissions monitoring solutions and the future of work.
- Key research processes will include conducting “voice of the customer” analysis, gathering and building market data, overseeing data analysis and forecasting, and writing qualitative analysis
- This role provides tremendous opportunity to further shape and develop Omdia’s industrial sustainability coverage, working closely with a range of Omdia analysts and associated event and media brands
- The Senior Analyst is also required to engage with clients, supporting account managers in customer-facing interaction by providing insights, opinion and data validation gained during the research proces
- Identifying industry change, technology adoption trends, competitor landscape evolution, growth opportunities and industry risk factors are all key to building credible research and customer relationships
- The successful candidate will be comfortable delivering analysis in syndicated (regularly published reports), bespoke consulting projects and custom (white papers and webinars) forms
- Scoping – Using customer centric feedback to direct research scope changes; keeping the research fresh by understanding customer needs/questions; enhancing the research each cycle and continually adding value to ensure we have clear USP; working with direct management to support research changes
- Writing – Providing qualitative analysis to support and justify data with a focus on change and development; use a text plan and outline structure to support concise output; discuss the impact of technology and key market trends
- Thought leadership – Produce written insights and press material to support research outputs
- Sales support – Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals; use scoping to continually evolve the research offering
- Event support – Partner with the events team to further Omdia’s position in the space, to build a platform for showcasing our research, and to develop new research propositions based on intelligence gathered at events
- Primary research – conducting interviews with key industry contacts across a spectrum of company types; attending trade shows; some F2F visits to support relationship development; creating a detailed log of interactions and feedback
- Secondary research – using a range of secondary sources to support primary research including – the internet, trade journals, in-house research, trade associations, public reports, financial releases, company press releases
- Building base data – Using primary and secondary research to build credible base data; ensuring sufficient coverage of market players; creating estimates; utilising history; ensuring consistency with related data/markets; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way
- Forecasting – Using primary and secondary research to generate market projections; using credible sources to support forecasts; logging all assumptions and working in a clear way; creating the story around market development/opportunities/risks
- Custom research - to support strategic and bespoke consulting engagements, working closely with client and internal teams to drive market leading outputs
The position is suited to an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and collaborative person able to express considered and bold views through thought-provoking research and analysis to a mixed audience. Interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work as part of a global team are essential.
- 3-5 years experience in an analyst position or related sustainability or manufacturing position
- Developing relationships (internal and external), proactive outreach and strong customer engagement skills
- Experience working collaboratively towards a common goal
- Ability to think outside the box in approaching problems to find innovative solutions
- Prioritising time for competing tasks
- Writing detailed reports in a structured and concise way to capture key research highlights
- Highly developed primary research interview and data gathering skills
- In-depth knowledge of the environmental sustainability sector or manufacturing landscape, key trends and technologies
- Ability to piece together data from multiple sources and to connect the dots
- Use assumptions and logical thinking to create estimates and forecasts
- Excel – solid grasp of Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation
Just as no two days are the same, at Informa Tech we recognise that no two people are the same, putting diversity and inclusivity at the heart of what we do. This doesn’t happen by chance. We actively work to create a shared culture. It’s a place where individuals bring their own experience and insights to discover new opportunities and build a varied career. We want you to thrive as part of a fantastic community. We champion you.
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.