Assistant Sales Manager
Informa Markets is a division of Informa plc. With a growing portfolio of 30 trade events in Malaysia and Southeast Asia, we create business growth opportunities for ASEAN and the rest of the world in a wide range of industries including Furniture & Interiors, Industrial Machinery, Renewable Energy, Power, Security, Construction, Food, Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Livestock, Beauty, Water & Wastewater Subcontracting, Environmental Technology and HVAC. As the world’s leading exhibitions organiser, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year. Our deep knowledge and passion for the industry sectors we serve allow us to create valuable experiences where people can succeed. At our events, people build relationships, close deals and grow their businesses. These global networks, skilled, passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions.
The Sales position is responsible for revenue generation from new and existing customers within the MIFF portfolio in Informa Markets Malaysia. This role will manage Sales to different tier customers depending on the market and brand context. This team is critical to the business, as the key to our success is retention, growth and cultivating new business
The Sales role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activity, meeting customers face to face and attending competitor events. He/ She will sell to valued existing customers, generate new business, and performance will be evaluated based on achieving revenue and new business targets
The Sales will be expected to develop their awareness of the brand industry, building greater insight over time. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their attendance at the event. He/ She will understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale. They will have a significant role in supporting re-booking of customers at an Event, while also providing support as a guest re-booker for other brands ASEAN markets backed with support of a global network.
- Meet or exceed revenue target for assigned accounts through sales (digital, booth, sponsorship/ advertisement and fully integrated packages)
- Sell to existing/ lapsed customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through buying process
- Prospect and close new business opportunities inside and outside of existing client base through cold calling and follow-up calling
- Leverage understanding of customer buying trends to help develop Sales plans and approaches
- Execute on assigned Sales campaigns, against accounts, products and revenue targets, in line with sales plan
- Support the on-site re-booking of existing customer accounts, in line with at event account allocation and sales targets
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce (CRM system)
- Distribute customer insight and marketing information to marketing team
- Manage the handing over of sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the event Operations and Brand teams
- Degree holder in communications, Marketing, Business or related field; or equivalent with 3 - 4 years sales/ tele-sales experience (proven sales track record)
- Confident, aggressive, pleasant and able to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated, sales-driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passionate towards sales, dedicate to achieve personal sales target
- Experience in using Salesforce CRM system desires
- Fluent English - speaking and writing, required to proof-read sales material, brochures and promotional content
- Excellent in interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Required to travel
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.