Senior Corporate Development Director
Informa is a leading international events and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's fifth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The role of Senior Corporate Development Director, reports to the Group Director of Corporate Development. The main objective of the post is to take a leading role in driving a wide range of corporate activity, including; acquisitions, disposals, partnerships, deal origination and integration undertaken by the Group. The successful candidate will be a leader in the Corporate Development team from the start.
The Senior Corporate Development Director is expected to assume the following key responsibilities:
Strategy / Business Development
- Assist the divisions through the full business development cycle, from developing strategy to identifying targets that fit the strategy
- Develop and maintain the pipeline of opportunities
- Work effectively with divisions to develop, nurture and refine development opportunities
Lead Transaction Execution projects
- Review, analyse and assess acquisition and disposal opportunities, including producing and reviewing financial models, acquisition rationale documentation and offer letters
- Liaise with business unit and/or shared service centre management in leading and conducting financial, commercial, legal and tax due diligence on approved transactions
- Manage transaction processes (internally and externally) through due diligence to close
- Ensure pre-acquisition integration (and separation) planning is thorough and effective
Post-Acquisition Integration, review and reporting
- Facilitate post acquisition financial and non-financial performance assessment and reporting to ensure synergies/value enhancements targeted pre-completion are delivered post acquisition
- Prepare materials for Board covering regular activity and integration updates, written papers on significant transactions and ad hoc strategic projects
- Act as a leader in the Corporate Development team – contributing pro-actively to thought-leadership and a culture of continuous improvement
- Guide and mentor team members – depending on the successful candidate’s experience, this may include formal responsibility for managing some team members
- Deliver ad hoc analysis and reviews of a varied nature as required at Group and divisional level
- Liaise with Group Legal, Group Tax and Group Finance departments and external professional advisors as required
- Extensive experience of working within a Corporate Development function
- Experience of working in digital B2B and/or Knowledge sectors
- Flexible and comfortable in a continuously changing, growing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Results and achievement oriented to high standards - pays attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise work load
- Fast and responsive - working to tight deadlines
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to all levels including Senior Management Team members
- Adaptable to required styles
- Tightly-structured and logical thinking and presentation
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant colleagues of the business, using influence in order to achieve objectives
- High EQ
- Highly analytical with strong numeration skills
- IT confident with excellent spreadsheet and financial modelling skills
- Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can
succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.