Marketing Specialist (Boston, MA based)
Informa Connect provides businesses and professionals with connections and commercial edge, delivered through content-led live events and on-demand experiences and specialist digital content.
We have major brands in Finance, Biotech & Pharma and other specialist markets including Food & Hospitality, Marketing and Pop Culture.
Are you a self-motivated and detail-oriented marketer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to partner closely with strategic sales teams to help them engage new prospects? Informa is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our Life Sciences event sponsorship team. As Marketing Specialist, you will manage comprehensive marketing campaigns to promote and execute sponsorship opportunities at face-to-face and digital events in the biotech industry.
You’ll partner closely with sales, product, and marketing colleagues to identify opportunities, then manage projects through cross-functional teams to deliver qualified leads and high-impact collateral. By helping our clients reach their lead-generation, thought leadership, and branding objectives you’ll facilitate the connections and partnerships that drive the life sciences ecosystem.
Campaign Marketing (95%)
- Create and execute digital marketing campaigns to generate leads and awareness for sponsorship programs
- Partner with the sales team to drive sales enablement efforts and ensure that marketing tactics are closely aligned with sales activities
- Work with cross-functional teams to create and update landing pages, digital brochures, websites, and signage
- Write engaging copy for email, social media, press releases, testimonials, landing pages, and collateral
- Manage targeted outbound email marketing campaigns from concept to completion in Adestra
- Contribute to inbound social media marketing on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track campaign results and maintain client database
- Provide sales team with timely reports and custom campaigns to support their revenue generation efforts
- Track results of digital campaigns, measure revenue impact, and perform A/B testing for continuous improvement
- Participates in Informa-led communities and team building groups.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- BS/BA in business, marketing, or relevant field (MBA is preferred)
- An understanding of the B2B marketing environment is a PLUS
- Excellent detail orientation, with a tenacious approach to solving problems and figuring things out
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- 1-2 years of experience managing or supporting marketing campaigns (internships count!)
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), familiarity with CRM is helpful
- Email marketing platform knowledge and a basic understanding of HTML
- Interest in science, technology, and business
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude who is eager to learn and grow within the Informa family
The pay range for this position is $42,500 to $50,000, depending on experience.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.