Senior Account Executive, eBooks
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of high-quality, peer reviewed scholarly journals, books, e-books and reference works. We empower learners, thinkers and doers with trusted knowledge that advances research and enriches lives. We bring together diverse people, ideas and opinions to validate and publish the experts, theories and truths that matter. And we’ve been doing this in an unbroken arc since 1798.
Our purpose is to foster human progress through knowledge. We strongly believe that this requires us to encourage and examine different ideas and voices, so that any work that meets our exacting levels of quality deserves to be included in our publications. This requires open minds, the opportunity for robust debate, and the courage to defend perspectives that stand up to scrutiny, even if they conflict with our personal beliefs or values. Because that’s the only way to find the best obtainable version of the truth and, ultimately, foster human progress. If you agree, then we’d love to hear from you.
Taylor & Francis China is seeking for a Senior Account Specialist to join its successful commercial team. This role will directly report to China eBooks and Online Reference Manager. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual revenue targets and achieving long-term growth and development of overall T&F’s Book business in China. This role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activities, meeting customers face to face and engaging with end-users. You will promote our products and services to valued existing customers and generate new business, and performance will be evaluated based on achieving revenue and new business targets.
Closing Date: Applications will close on 29th Mar. 2023. Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We, therefore, encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
Help us progress human progress through knowledge! As an eBooks Senior Account Executive, you will aid in our mission by…
- Achieve and exceed annual regional sales targets, delivering the business area's overall revenue and profit objectives. To increase the number of sales transactions and number of new eBook accounts, to facilitate the eBook revenue diversification.
- Execute on assigned sales campaigns, against accounts, products, and revenue targets, in line with sales plan.
- Focus on mining and developing non-traditional markets, such as Corporate, Government, etc, in addition to traditional markets such as universities and research institutions.
- In cooperation with eBooks Manager to deliver a clear vision for operational effectiveness development of revenue lines through increased trading and profitability.
- Work closely with the eBooks Manager to drive compliance with company trading and terms policy to protect profitability and value of the business in the territory.
- Collaborate with colleagues across all departments locally and globally, to build interdependent and productive partnerships.
- Report periodically to eBooks Manager on sales progress and the business environment.
- Actively liaise with other stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F's territory coverage.
- Maintain and build strong working relationships with Sales Agents and other business partners.
- Seek out new opportunities and customers throughout the region while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients to maximize upselling potential and repeat business.
- Other tasks as necessary and specific to the role.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of the China Higher Education library/Academic & Research markets or academic publishing preferred, with some sales experience(proven sales track record) expected.
- With a data-driven mindset that connects people with facts and data-based process knowledge to implement better decisions.
- Positive and flexible attitude, willing to take on many different types of tasks and apply to them the same level of effort and expertise. The ability to work independently and pro-actively, with awareness of when to delegate tasks. Ability to work proactively and independently.
- Using demand-driven approach, relying on a variety of resources and products, develop a series of solutions to internal and external customers to meet these needs.
- Be able to build connections with current and new customers, and foster business relationships with key decision-makers over long periods of time.
- Proficient use of SAP to guide sales activities.
- High level English/Mandarin interpersonal, organisational, and written and verbal communication skills. High level of computer literacy and digital proficiency.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- An excellent work/life balance with a fantastic, flexible working culture
- 20 days(pro-rata for first year) annual leave per year, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- 4 paid volunteering days each year
- Paid sick leave of 14 days
- Social insurance and housing fund plus supplementary medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme – offering 24/7 well-being support
- Performance bonus
- Annual health screening for employee and spouse, optical and medical care
- This role is open to candidates currently residing in all locations across Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, however you must have the right to work and live in the region you reside in
- Flexible working is offered with this role (be that remote, in the office or hybrid)
- Business travel within Mainland China(at 50% frequency) will be required.(Covid guidelines permitting)
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.