User Experience Architect
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of high-quality, peer reviewed scholarly journals, books, e-books and reference works. We empower learners, thinkers and doers with trusted knowledge that advances research and enriches lives. We bring together diverse people, ideas and opinions to validate and publish the experts, theories and truths that matter. And we’ve been doing this in an unbroken arc since 1798.
Our purpose is to foster human progress through knowledge. We strongly believe that this requires us to encourage and examine different ideas and voices, so that any work that meets our exacting levels of quality deserves to be included in our publications. This requires open minds, the opportunity for robust debate, and the courage to defend perspectives that stand up to scrutiny, even if they conflict with our personal beliefs or values. Because that’s the only way to find the best obtainable version of the truth and, ultimately, foster human progress. If you agree, then we’d love to hear from you.
Taylor & Francis (T&F) is continuing its digital transformation with further investment and focus that places the customer at the centre of everything we do. As part of this we are looking for a User Experience Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture function.
The User Experience Architect will provide leadership to create deliverables that guide a transformation of user experience across T&F products and applications.
- Collaborate with product and technology stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of common user goals
- Gather stakeholder feedback on existing UX challenges and draw out key and common themes across the T&F portfolio
- Develop a community of practice for distributed UX practitioners
- Identify opportunities and describe options for improving the overall UX
- Design a longer-term UX vision and seek directional alignment across stakeholders
- Develop an enterprise-grade information architecture
- Develop UX standards and principles to drive consistency across user touch points
- Develop a design language that can be leveraged by delivery teams
- Coordinate with product and technology teams to ensure solutions are consistent with user experience standards and design principles, meet objectives for usability, adhere to relevant design and accessibility standards, comply with brand strategy and identity guidelines, and deliver positive experiences
- Evaluate and recommend 3rd Party vendors to assist with UI/UX projects and deliverables
- Use and coach others on UI/UX tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Communicate UX strategy and designs to internal and external stakeholders to build consensus and convey the impact of design decisions on user, customer, and business outcomes
Skills and credentials
- Bachelor's degree in a major design discipline: interaction design, user interface design, information design
- Hands-on experience in user experience design, at an enterprise-wide level, for two or more years.
- Deep skills in one or more of the following design disciplines: interaction design, user interface design, information design, graphic design.
- Ability to distil complex concepts into design concepts and requirements
- Experience with user research methods and techniques (e.g., usability testing, contextual inquiry, etc.) and conducting user acceptance testing
- Ability to collaborate effectively and influence decision making across multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrable leadership skills in developing a community of practise
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks
- Strong stakeholder management and facilitation skills, both for internal and external stakeholders and senior leaders
- Proficiency in UX design tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information to various stakeholders verbally and in writing
What we offer in return:
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.