Trade & Corporate Account Manager, Books
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of high-quality, peer reviewed scholarly journals, books, e-books and reference works. We empower learners, thinkers and doers with trusted knowledge that advances research and enriches lives. We bring together diverse people, ideas and opinions to validate and publish the experts, theories and truths that matter. And we’ve been doing this in an unbroken arc since 1798.
Our purpose is to foster human progress through knowledge. We strongly believe that this requires us to encourage and examine different ideas and voices, so that any work that meets our exacting levels of quality deserves to be included in our publications. This requires open minds, the opportunity for robust debate, and the courage to defend perspectives that stand up to scrutiny, even if they conflict with our personal beliefs or values. Because that’s the only way to find the best obtainable version of the truth and, ultimately, foster human progress. If you agree, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re currently looking for a Trade & Corporate Account Manager, in this role you will be responsible for achieving annual Book sales targets in the segments of eCommerce, Trade and Corporate, etc, through sustainable and consultative account management, maintaining an awareness of the business and competitive trading environment.
Closing Date: Applications will close on April 7th, 2023. Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis, and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
Help us progress human progress through knowledge! As a Trade & Corporate Account Manager, Books, you will aid in our mission by…
- Achieve and exceed annual sales targets in the segments of eCommerce, Trade and Corporate, etc, contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the division.
- Plan, schedule and carry out regular sales visits to customers in the segments of eCommerce, Trade and Corporate, etc, to achieve financial targets within own sales region across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
- Cultivate strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Report periodically to senior management to summarise team sales progress and the business environment, this ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
- Collect and disseminate market, competitor, and customer feedback, including passing on leads where the customer and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering.
- Establish a strategic approach to the short, medium and long-term business on territory, to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time.
- Uphold company trading and terms policy in order to protect profitability and value of business in territory.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory – includes credit control, editorial, marketing and sales support.
- Select and adapt title list, sales material, analytic and catalogue for regular customer visits.
What we’re looking for:
- Some experience of working in a sales environment, with an understanding of the demands placed on sales and the support needs of a sales team.
- Experience of eCommerce/Trade Business.
- Experience of Corporate Sales to Industries, IT, Pharmacy, Energy, Training Provider, etc.
- Academic book sales experience preferred.
- Competent user of core Microsoft Office package.
- Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to conferences, book fairs as required by the company.
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively, with awareness of when to need to delegate tasks.
- Consultative sales skills and the ability to influence.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and effective relationships with the sales team and other internal colleagues.
- Language skills of both Mandarin and English, verbal and written.
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to motivate others and drive for better teamwork and collaboration.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- An excellent work/life balance with a fantastic, flexible working culture
- 20 days(pro-rata for first year) annual leave per year, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- 4 paid volunteering days each year
- Paid sick leave of 14 days
- Social insurance and housing fund plus supplementary medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme – offering 24/7 well-being support
- Performance bonus
- Annual health screening for employee and spouse, optical and medical care
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across Beijing, you must have the right to work and live in China
- Flexible working is offered with this role (be that remote, in the office or hybrid), however the ability to attend in-person events or training in Beijing office will be required (post-Covid)
- Some domestic travels(Covid-19 restrictions allow) may be required at an estimated frequency of 30%
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant. We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.