Investment & Governance Manager
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Overall Role Summary:
We are looking for an exceptional, proactive Investment & Governance Manager, based in either Bengaluru, IN or Oxfordshire, UK to join our dynamic, growing PPPMO team. This senior role will be reporting into the Portfolio Office Manager and partnering with Portfolio, Programme, and Project leads in realising a next level of efficiency and transparency across our Value Streams and Technology Domains. While financial management will form a central pillar of the role, support for all aspects of a multi-million pound investment portfolio are in scope for this crucial role. The current expansion of our PMO reflects recognition of the maturity and scalability of the team as it stands and the increasing investment within T&F as we deliver on our Digital First ambitions.
- Maintain the Financial Dashboard and Reporting across Product & Technology for accurate, insightful real-time data covering both Capital Investment budget and Operational spend for the department
- Drive increasing systematization of all financial processes to support accurate, timely, visible data and reduce reliance on large data sets within .xlsx
- Drive analysis and visibility of Finance data with what-if scenarios enabling accurate forecasting and decision making for the Portfolio team
- Monitor the invoicing process and ensure the reflection of the same in the Finance Dashboard
- Drive visibility and analysis so that senior executives and stakeholders can track delivery status, risk and issue management, and value realisation
- Evaluate and implement improvements to business case templating and creation across our Investment Portfolio to support greater visibility of ROI, business prioritisation and effective resource forecast, allocation and management
- Understand and contribute to the on-going evolution of Value Metric tracking and creation both in lead and financial metrics across all programmes and portfolios
- Consolidation of Resource Allocation by increasingly focussing on forward looking forecasting and demand & capacity management in conjunction with the Head of P&T Global Resourcing.
- Working in conjunction with Programme and Project Managers to load monthly resourcing data actuals and analyse across various parameters such as Teams, Programmes, Geographies, Skills etc.
- Develop and Maintain Technology Skill matrix in partnership with the Global P&T Resourcing Lead
- Drive periodic evaluation of the Resource data such as FTE vs Contractor, Geography split, on-going Demand vs Supply
- Governance activities such as managing artifacts library using PPPMO SharePoint, Organisation chart, hosting PPPMO meetings
Support the Portfolio Office Manager in the effective implementation and optimisation of JIRA Align in supporting governance and value delivery optimisation
The ideal candidate will have knowledge & experience of:
- Financial reporting forecasting & budgeting on a monthly, annual and 3-yearly cadence
- Working with multiple global capital investment portfolios of >£10m
- Producing well-tailored reporting based on stakeholder requirements and feedback
- Data analysis skills to proactively drive greater visibility, insights and effective decision making across fiscal management, value metrics and agile delivery
- Excellent spreadsheet skills working with large data sets with a proactive approach to systematizing data and processes where possible
- Resource capacity planning, tracking and forecasting
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Meeting high expectations of compliance, accuracy, and timeliness
- Secure knowledge of accounting concepts and experience working across capital and operational budgets
- Excellent, demonstrable communication skills at all levels and across functions
- Experience in a global organisation would be an advantage
Skills and Behaviours Desired
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet and Finance system skills
- Management reporting – relevant, concise & reliable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive nature
- Solution finding and decision making
- Commercial and customer focus
- Embraces technology solutions
- Broad commercial and technical knowledge
- Teamwork and building relationships, as well as solo work
- Solution finding and decision making
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills
- Accounting background a plus
What we offer in return:
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.