Principal- Quality Engineer (UBW)
About Taylor & Francis
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We are looking to add a Principal Quality Engineer to our technology team in Bengaluru, India who will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. You will be responsible for leading a team of Quality Enthusiasts delivering high quality solutions. This position requires hands-on Quality Engineering and Assurance expertise, the ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. You will be able to analyse the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands on experience in developing, planning the test strategy & automation
- Reviews Project from a test effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop Test Strategy, Define Test coverage, Develop Automated framework
- Own the test approach for all the major Solution deliverables
- Design Test automation architecture, Identify common test capabilities across programs, Develop reusable frameworks
- Standardises process, frameworks simulators, tools.
- Looks for systematic patterns/gaps in the testing based on field issues.
- Looks/tracks into improvement in the corrective actions across projects/programs.
- Contribute to CI/CT/CD process
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in testing complete stack of Web solutions hosted in AWS
- Hands on experience having tested the complete solution stack i.e., UI, Business layer (API), DB & Non-functional
- Hands on experience in analysing business requirements into Testable solutions, designing Use cases/Test cases for a larger coverage, UI and API testing, functional testing, performance testing and load testing
- Demonstrated setting up continuous testing methodology with test automation experience using associated tools & framework: Selenium/ Serenity, TestNG, RestAssured/Karate, JMeter/BlazeMeter, Maven, Github, Travis (CI /CD)
- Experience in managing QE practices in cross functional teams.
- Experience in working with Service delivery organisations to enrich customer experience
- A critical and analytical thinker
- A team player who works well with QE&A Leads & Managers for effective e2e testing.
- Contribute to reduce and seize defect leakage to production
- Ability to prioritise projects and meet deadlines; delegate tasks effectively
- Positive attitude with the ability to self-drive and self-motivate; ability to flex and adapt to sudden changes
What we offer in return:
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- 24 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being Yourself at Taylor & Francis
If you’re excited about working with Taylor & Francis to foster human progress through knowledge, we invite you to apply even if your existing skills and experience don’t fit every item listed above. At Taylor & Francis, we are at our best and most successful when colleagues can be themselves and make a contribution regardless of their identity or background. As a colleague, you will have the opportunity to further innovate and develop in areas that you are passionate about. Our goal is to empower you with the resources, incentives, and flexibility you need to enjoy success at work and to live a healthy, balanced life.
Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in and value diversity of people and thought, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where all colleagues can learn and succeed as their true selves. Taylor & Francis recruits, develops, and retains colleagues without regard to any protected personal characteristics or other non-merit based factor.
We genuinely care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about. To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.