Principal Consultant- Channel Research
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
We are seeking a principal consultant/senior-level consultant Indirect Sales Channels, Ecosystems to work within Informa Tech Channels which serves channel partners and technology suppliers in the information and communications industries. This individual will sell and deliver on custom consulting services to Informa Tech clients (primarily vendors and distributors) who sell primarily through indirect sales channels and ecosystems in enterprise, midmarket and small business. The principal analyst will act as consult lead for Informa Tech Channels identifying, nurturing, closing and then coordinating and delivering projects that help vendors and technology providers understand the channel partner universe, grow their channel business, course-correct program and product development to better serve the partner community or help validate investments that need board and senior-leadership approval. Consulting services may also include helping vendors improve their go-to-market programs so they improve partner profitability and efficacy of channel programs. The larger portion of the role will be driving consult business and growth for Informa’s channel business while working closely and in partnership with our Omdia research and consulting business.
Areas of Responsibility
- Help to launch an ICT indirect sales channel consulting business by building out the overall practice strategy and deliverables for technology suppliers and vendors.
- Identify, develop, nurture and maintain a pipeline of business by developing new business contacts and expanding existing business relationships, working closely with the channel sales organization in addition to our Omdia analysts and research teams.
- Successfully develop proposals that demonstrate the breadth and depth of our consult capabilities, and showcase our ability to convey compelling messages to our clients’ channel partner audience.
- Deliver channel consulting services to leading technology vendors, suppliers and distributors that help the overall business understand the business benefits.
- Act as lead steward on our customer relationships to ensure our clients are engaged, informed and happy with our services, working to resolve any issues when we are not meeting that bar
Work collaboratively across our channel, technology and Omdia business units to identify channel consulting opportunities. Partner with our principal analyst to identify ways to increase subscription-based revenue.
- Possess a deep understanding of the information communications and technology market and indirect sales channel with demonstrable experience in leading significant projects in a consultancy practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across a diverse set of stakeholders, internally and externally, and drive toward successful outcomes for the business and our clients
- Thought leader who is business savvy and able to develop proposals that are commercially viable, i.e. budgeted and resourced appropriately, properly scoped with a suitable timeline and clearly defined project deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver successful client pitches
- Excited to be a contributing member of a dynamic, ambitious and supportive culture
The pay range for this position is $106,250.00 - $130,000.00 depending on experience.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.