Senior Customer Service Representative
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Each of our five operating divisions has a distinct focus:
Informa Connect aims to provide expert content you cannot Google, and access to specialist networks and communities, through major branded annual events and specialist digital communities and content services.
Informa Intelligence provides specialist digital information and data products, consultancy and research services to over 25,000 business worldwide, helping companies make better informed decisions and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
Informa Tech aims to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world by providing research, media, training and events to specialist technology communities worldwide.
Taylor & Francis commissions, curates, produces and publishes scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, advancing research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Our sixth division is Global Support, which provides shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions.
The Customer Service team is the main point of contact for all after-sales queries which includes all event participants (internal and external): exhibitors, visitors and the EMEA portfolio teams (serving a range of events, international clients and internal departments). The department helps in both a re-active and pro-active way to ensure our customers receive all the attention and care they need to make the most of the event. The core function includes but is not limited to: supporting all customers, liaising and working closely with the event team, including marketing, operations, sales and credit control departments.
The Customer Service Team is a vital communication connection sharing the voice of the attendees with all internal departments. The Team owns their customer queries and work proactively to resolve these quickly with a clear response and resolution for the customer. They provide continual support for exhibitors (once a stand has been purchased) and visitors (after they have registered to attend an event) at every stage of the customer journey: pre-show, onsite and post-show follow up.
- Main point of customers contacts, inbound and outbound, through various contact channels such as telephone, email, what’s app and live chat.
- Main point of contact for specific event portfolio stakeholder relationships
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert, ensuring the highest level of customer service to our customers (visitors and exhibitors) making sure all queries are replied to, followed-up and resolved within the department SLA. Ensuring specific support requirements are understood and the Cairo team are operationally ready to support them with quality outcomes
- For Exhibitors, the core tasks revolve around helping them prepare for the show by explaining the Exhibitor Manual and co-ordinating resolution on all queries received
- For Visitors, the core tasks revolve around helping them understand the event website and supporting their attendance to the event
- Capture/update customer data into CRM systems and/or any other relevant internal platforms
- Support the development and implementation of integrated customers communication plans
- Contact exhibitors proactively to educate them and gather feedback on using web services (exhibitor manual, new launches and products)
- 1st line technical support for digital products/tools including supporting UAT testing on manuals
- Gather customer insight for digital solutions and support surveys with direct outreach
- Handle questions related to invoicing and credit control
- Provide customer service support and coordination onsite at shows
- Give input into customer service reports for Events teams with best practice and suggestions for improvements based on customers feedback
- Main point of contact for customer complaints
- Support the online exhibitor manual, catalogue data, lead generation tools and any other internal systems
- Support the event teams as required including attending event meetings and collating reports on customer feedback
- Ad hoc Duties as directed by the Customer Service Manager - Europe
- Excellent communicator, team player and a multi-tasker
- Prior customer service role experience (a minimum of two year's Customer Service experience in a previous role)
- Previous experience in managing a team is preferable
- Fluent in English is a must which includes excellent written and verbal skills, additional languages are desirable
- Quick learner who is self-sufficient and uses initiative
- Proactive problem-solver
- A self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm and accuracy
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizer and able to work in a busy environment
- Flexible, creative and versatile
- Highly self-motivated with exceptional time management
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Strengths in attention to detail
- Exceptional prioritizing skills while able to work in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to deliver quality output on time and work with deadlines/targets
- Excellent personable skills and past experience in F2F customer service is an advantage
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience/understanding of B2B exhibitions
- Please note, this position is 37.5 hours a week, but you will be required to work extended hours on occasion e.g. when onsite and travel may also be required
Our Company Guiding Principles:
Our four guiding principles are a clear statement of what we believe in.
Taken together, they define our goals and provide a focus for all Informa’s activities. The principles give a perspective on our culture and way of working, making the company easier to understand, trust and do business with.
Think big. Act small.
We love ambitious thinking and taking bold options. At the same time, we recognize that success also comes from rolling up our sleeves, sweating the detail and taking personal ownership of the things that matter.
Trust must be earned.
We don’t just say we’re specialists, we live and breathe the subjects we work in and the communities we work with. By getting closer to our customers and partners, and offering support every step of the way, we build trust and the confidence to rely on us to do the right things, in the right way.
Success is a partnership.
We get to better answers by combining skills and talents, joining forces and embracing ideas, wherever they come from. This broadens perspectives, expands horizons, sparks innovation and keeps our thinking fresh.
More freedom. Fewer barriers.
We’re light on our feet. We do things swiftly, flexibly and with as few obstacles as possible. Our colleagues have the freedom and autonomy to think fast, act on opportunities and do what is best and most sustainable for us and our customers.