The Global Licensing Group enables the world's most influential entertainment, character, fashion, art and corporate brand owners and agents to connect with consumer goods manufacturers, licensees and retailers. We help brands to meet with manufacturers and retailers to foster licensing deals, brand extension partnerships and help bring new products to life.
The Event Coordinator is part of the Event Management function whose goal is to produce world-leading virtual and hybrid events that deliver best-in-class customer experiences and sustainable growth in terms of revenue and attendee numbers.
These events must be developed in line with customer needs ensuring return on investment and time for those attending and exhibiting. The Event Coordinator will support on the creation and delivery of these events working in collaboration with sales, marketing, content and operations.
The successful candidate should be digitally savvy with strong communication skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholder groups.
Please note this is a hybrid role and will require a minimum of two days a week working from our London Offices.
Roles & Accountability
- Develop an understanding of the brand licensing market and support in the development and delivery of virtual and hybrid events and event-related products in line with the needs of the market and our customers
- Support the design and delivery of outstanding customer experience, creating innovative and interactive experiences at events – all within budget
- Maintain event timelines and project plans, collate post-show reports from teams across all functions
- Speaker management, briefings and at-the-show logistics
- Develop an understanding of the virtual event platform. Oversee setup and day-to-day management of the platform.
- Support the sales team with client sponsorship fulfilment needs
- Assist with the project management of show floor features and activations working in conjunction with the Event Director and operations team
- Typing, formatting and editing event related documents. Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentations
- Liaise with hotel for group bookings and making travel arrangements where needed
- Maintaining an events calendar and even team project management tools (Asana)
- Assist with any printed collateral needs for the shows including; signage, lanyards, wristbands, cups etc.
- Researching venues, suppliers and hotels where necessary
- Keeping a close eye on budget set by the Event Director. Raising POs where necessary
- Key supplier management including AV teams, catering etc.
- Passionate about creating sustainable, relevant & exciting events
- Passionate about staying true to a brand and developing products in line with customer needs
- Excellent, authentic, persuasive communicator
- A strong team player who interacts well with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Attention to detail
- Strong personality with insightful people skills
- Quick to learn/spot new opportunities
- Experienced multitasker
- Flexible & easy going
- Fluent in English
- Willing and able to travel (UK/Overseas)
- Previous event or B2B experience is preferred but not essential
- A confident user with all Microsoft software
Some of our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with a free share
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.