Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
The Accountant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare, reconcile and analyse the monthly management reports; Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Details include; reconciliations, accruals, allocations, revenue downloads, pre-payments, variance analysis, commentary
- Financial Analysis
- Perform Balance sheet reconciliations
- Financial Reporting and Analysis including, budget/forecasting, working capital, Group Finance reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
- Publish financial results in SAP FC
- Ensure communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Business Teams
- To be involved with any acquisition integration/due diligence
- Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
- Assist in the accounting integration of new products into the SSC accounting structure and systems
- Analyse and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
- Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock)
- Process intercompany transactions
- Review bad debt, accruals and prepayment calculations
- Treasury postings and reconciliations
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum requirement to be a part qualified accountant actively working towards their finance qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or ideally newly qualified.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
- Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.