Director of Product Strategy
Citeline, part of the PE backed Norstella group of pharma information solutions, is one of the world's leading providers of data and intelligence on clinical trials, drug treatments, medical devices and what's new in the regulatory and commercial landscape. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
The Director of Product Strategy will be responsible for managing a strategic portfolio of solutions in one of the key business segments of our business. This entails identifying, validating and prioritizing strategic product investment opportunities based on client needs, driving investment proposals from ideation through execution to delivery, managing an existing portfolio of products through the entire product lifecycle, and tracking of user and product metrics to drive engagement. Additionally, he/she will continuously assess the evolving competitive landscape to stay abreast of market trends, opportunities and threats and develop appropriate action as necessary.
In addition to managing a team of product managers and product owners, the Product Director will form strong collaborative partnerships with other adjoining functions in the business, such as technology, editorial, finance, PMO, commercialization, GTM, marketing, commercial partnerships and others to grow our portfolio and revenue.
- Direct a team of product managers by providing strategic direction and execution of key product management initiatives, developing and mentoring the team members
- Identify the required outcomes and benefits from projects & programmes to achieve our strategy
- Drive business and revenue growth across product portfolio. Prioritize across investment and product opportunities to maximize business impact while addressing key customer needs
- Manage the investment and business case process to ensure strong investment rationale is in place to support capital expenditure requests
- Evaluate and monitor the portfolio and product performance to help drive the strategic vision and rationale for the vertical as a whole
- Stay abreast of market developments and trends, as well as key competitor activity, to support strategic decision making
- Collaborate with commercialization, GTM and product marketing teams to ensure aligned approach on existing products and new product launches, ensuring maximum revenue opportunity and minimizing risk across the portfolio
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders across the organization as required in order to deliver on product responsibilities, build awareness or consensus, or ensure proper coordination of resources and/or priorities
- Work directly with Project Management and Finance to ensure product spend and delivery timelines are tracked and managed throughout the roadmap, and will be required asked to regularly report on product performance.
- Build/maintain strong view of industry trends through participation in events, conferences and industry social networks
- Global Head of Domain and other colleagues within the business unit
- Product management team members
- Colleagues in core functions across the business: Content, Technology, PMO, GTM, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships
- Senior leadership and ELT
What we’re looking for
A Product Director who is passionate about uncovering clients’ unmet needs and building exceptional products that deliver on those needs.
Ability to work and excel in a matrixed corporate structure is essential for success in this role. This individual should also have experience in evaluating and growing existing product/business opportunities, as well as sunsetting and rationalizing legacy products and portfolios.
Ability to successfully prioritize, manage and deliver projects in parallel, ensuring strong prioritization approaches across the portfolio and partnerships where required, paired with the ability to be an internal champion for the product and investment are essential for this role.
Demonstrated experience of managing a portfolio of B2B web-based subscription products, preferably in the biopharma or healthcare industries is highly preferred.
Prior experience with the Pragmatic product management framework and Agile development methodology would be advantageous.
Additional Experience & Qualifications
- Significant demonstrable experience in Product Management, with prior experience in managing a product management team and multiple products delivering to different markets or personas in B2B environment
- Sound commercial acumen and strong financial awareness, paired with strong experience in managing business case preparation and submission process
- Passion for understanding the market forces, pricing, product performance, persona challenges and core competitive positioning.
- Experience in managing existing products, sunsetting legacy products and bringing new products to market, including building out strong validated business cases for investment.
- Prior experience with strategic product consolidation, new product development (from ideation to launch) desired
- A self-starter mentality, experienced in the intricacies of large company operations, coupled with a coaching and mentoring mindset and a focus on organizational talent development
- Ability to motivate, inspire, collaborate and persuade as appropriate to drive forward key business ideas
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, including the ability to present to large or small groups, including senior executives.
Employee experience is very important to us at Citeline. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance, Basic Disability Insurance, Voluntary Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 10 Company Holidays, 15 Vacation Days, 2 Floating Holidays, Birthday Day and 4 Volunteer Days
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Citeline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under law.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $150,000 to $185,000. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and a competitive benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.