Informa Markets creates global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
In every market and industry, business opportunity and success come from attracting and engaging with customers, generating leads, showcasing products, and researching and discovering the latest solutions.
Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
The Marketing Manager, Fi Europe role, is responsible for overall marketing and campaign planning and delivery for physical, virtual and hybrid events that pertain to the Fi Europe audience. They work closely with the Digital Marketing and Lead Generation teams in the planning and delivery of all their campaigns and define the customer segments as per marketing campaign. The role will own the detailed customer contact strategy, as well as owning the coordination for all customer contact activities.
The marketing manager is analytically minded with a proven ability to interpret data, make informed decisions, and continuously optimise campaign performance, but still demonstrate a creative flair and curiosity to think outside the box. They have a high attention to detail but be able to see how each detail supports the bigger picture as well the commercial opportunities. A self-starter with extensive experience of B2B event marketing, the Marketing Manager should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Marketing Manager has an in-depth knowledge of their industry and customer base, ensuring they have a good awareness across the various marketing technologies and channels.
They partner closely with critical business functions such as Sales, Brand, and Content teams, setting business targets within the event plan, agreeing on marketing goals and reporting on campaign performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver full event marketing campaigns, working to agreed volume and revenue KPIs and budget
- Delivering and ensuring customer personalisation through consistent campaign management and development of appropriate messaging for key personas and data segments based on value propositions
- Owning the customer contact strategy, and acting as the point of co-ordination for all customer contact
- Manage Marketing Executive to support effective planning activities and working effectively across all marketing functions (Lead Generation, Digital Marketing, Digital Product Marketing)
- Project management of all activities related to planning and delivering of their marketing campaigns across the different marketing functions
- Engages with and collaborates closely with Brand, Sales and Content functions to build a targeted and customer-focused event plan
- Develops detailed campaign plans for the end-to-end customer contact strategy segmented by channel, activating timely, relevant communications through the full marketing mix while optimising the effectiveness of each channel
- Accurate cost tracking and reporting, with overall marketing budget responsibility
- Development of detailed testing plans and milestones for review and optimisation of the various campaigns
- Work with (and hold to account) agency to deliver and maximise PR campaign
- Work with copywriter and all marketing functions to ensure all marketing collateral, email marketing, website content and digital marketing is thoroughly proofed and adheres to brand guidelines
- Direct and coordinate the design and production of all marketing collateral to be determined within the marketing plan
- Driven individual with a passion for marketing
- Strong marketing planning skills, with a deep understanding of customer segmentation, database development and growth including segmentation / advanced targeting
- Proven experience of hitting marketing KPIs
- Previous marketing management experience
- Excellent independent and team collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, effectively and persuasively
- Experience in working within a matrixed team and stakeholder management
- CIM or IDM Diploma in Marketing Management or Digital strategy
- Experience of line management is essential – you know how to get the most out of your team
- Commercially driven
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate/advanced PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Marketing technology savvy. Able to quickly adopt and work with new technology solutions such as Eloqua, Data Segmentation tools, Asana, Adobe, etc.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- You are entitled to 24 days' paid holiday per year, plus one day's paid holiday for your birthday, extra time given at certain bank holidays, and the chance to earn a free day's holiday through charity fundraising
- We offer colleagues net reimbursement for commuting travel. We will reimburse actual costs for public transport
- The official Social Committee is very active in organising social, wellness, diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Monthly AMSTAR awards recognise outstanding colleague contributions with a €100 voucher
- On 5 years of service, you will receive 25% of your gross monthly salary, 10 years = 50% on an increasing scale
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.