Digital Editor - Insurance Day (Maritime Intelligence)
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Maritime Intelligence delivers, intelligence, analysis and news on the global maritime industry enabling our clients to effectively navigate the market, identify trends and help them make effective business decisions. Covering the general commercial shipping industry our core areas focus on Risk and Compliance, Regulation, Containers, Dry Bulk, Tankers and Gas
Insurance Day, the leading source of analysis, insight and data on the London and international re/insurance and specialty insurance markets, is looking for a Digital Editor.
The Digital Editor will play a key role in developing Insurance Day's written, audio and visual content for both the news website and marketing services as the brand moves into the next exciting phase of evolution.
An exciting, newly-created position to lead, manage and create digital content for the Insurance Day brand
The Digital Editor will drive market-leading insight and analysis for the Insurance Day website as well as meet the requirements of our marketing solutions portfolio.
The role will include written daily news and analysis for the website, presenting webinars and live events, delivering client presentations, recording a new weekly podcast and creating digital content such as videos.
The successful candidate will be given the scope to expand our digital presence in these formats and other areas to position Insurance Day at the centre of the industry it serves.
The Digital Editor will actively engage the insurance community via social media, utilising Insurance Day’s official accounts on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Digital Editor will work with the Editor, Content Editor, Marketing Solutions team and others to ensure content meets our high standards, while also tracking, reporting and assessing website analytics to ensure the content is achieving maximum engagement with our audience
The Digital Editor may at times be called upon to deputise for the Editor in times of absence
This position would suit someone currently working as a deputy editor, news editor or in a senior reporter position looking to step up.
Skills and experience:
- Proven track-record in business journalism, with 5+ years experience of creating and editing digital content
- Sound editorial judgment, writing flair and an ability to work under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills, whether through content, direct to clients or at events
- Ability to create and edit content in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Knowledge of social media
- Experience or knowledge of the global re/insurance industry, in particular marine
- Multimedia production and editing skills a plus
- Experience with data visualisation software
- Content Management System experience
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- Hybrid working opportunity balanced between home and office
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.