Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
Closing date for applications: 12th May, 2022
Taylor & Francis Group aims to foster human progress through knowledge by supporting, validating and connecting the work of researchers and other knowledge producers.
As a member of our global team, the key purpose of a Commissioning Editor is to commission high-quality article submissions, delivering an ongoing pipeline of published material across a number of Taylor & Francis Journals related to topics on Medicine and Health. You will work alongside a team of Commissioning Editors on developing content for Open Access journals.
This role will involve undertaking detailed analysis of academic fields and growth areas, understanding the breadth of research outputs in those areas and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of publishing with Taylor & Francis. You will need to build relationships with the research community and work closely alongside our journal Editors and Editorial Boards, as well as Editorial, Marketing, and Operation teams.
What you will be doing:
- Regularly conduct structured analysis of relevant academic fields, using a range of tools, to identify areas of growth and potential opportunities to drive article submissions across the portfolio.
- You will identify key target researchers and research groups to develop and implement structured commissioning plans.
- You will commission high-quality, relevant content for a range of titles across our journal portfolio, delivering content within specified timeframes.
- You will build strong networks with these researchers via 1:1 discussion, presentations, conference attendance etc and engage them in discussion regarding potential articles and submission to Taylor & Francis journals. You will work closely with them to act as key ambassadors and advocates to encourage submissions from their community.
- You will liaise closely with Editors, authors, and other key partners to ensure delivery of the content pipeline.
- You will develop a thorough knowledge of our Editorial Policies, ensuring these are followed at all times.
- You will continually build your knowledge across subject areas, developing your profile as a Commissioning Editor.
- You will work closely with your Team Members to enable flexibility and ensure targets are met.
What we’re looking for:
- Candidates must have a medical/biomedical background and/or equivalent experience in medical publishing, due to the requirements of this role
- Commissioning experience desirable but not essential, full training will be given
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong organisational skills, efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to work to (often competing) deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex troubleshooting
- Able to work cooperatively with local and global colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers)
- Active interest in open access, open data and open science, as well as in publishing and related matters
- An undergraduate degree in STEM, Master or PhD is a bonus
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + an additional 3 days off between Christmas and New Year
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
You must have the right to work and live in the UK.
This role is open to candidates in all locations across the UK. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the office, at home or somewhere in between.
Please ensure that your application is submitted by the closing date of Thursday 12th May.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/care