Data Services Manager
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Are you ready to join a company that champions the specialist? Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 100 Informa plc, provides the connections, the intelligence, analytics and opportunities that help customers grow and make better informed decisions while supporting you in developing your skills, subject matter expertise and business acumen.
At Lloyd’s List Intelligence, the global leaders in geospatial Big Data vessel tracking and information, we continue to grow our Maritime Data Analytics division and as such we want to further build our team. Relying on our longstanding bedrock of high quality, real-time and high volume shipping data, we are excited to be growing our capabilities for large scale expertise, who will be focussed on data analytics, data science models and machine learning to build excellent workflow solutions for our large customer base.
If you have bags of enthusiasm and a desire to solve complex problems, keen to gain experience of large and complex datasets and how to apply advanced analytics, this is the ambitious team for you! Some maritime knowledge and experience can be an advantage but more important is a passion for large scale data analytics and serving customers to the highest levels of success.
The Data Services Manager position is an exciting role for a manager that forms part of the Maritime Analytics team at Lloyd’s List Intelligence, the global leaders in geospatial Big Data vessel tracking and analysis of more than 400,000 ships. This role is responsible for delivering bespoke data sets to customers as well as driving continual enhancements to our data quality to improve our customer experience and support revenue growth.
Lloyd’s List Intelligence has an ambitious 2022 roadmap that the Data Services Manager will be instrumental in delivering. This role will lead and build a global team that services our customers with high quality and curated data sets tailored to customer needs. The manager will be responsible in ensuring that all incoming data requests are properly qualified, evaluated, prepared, and delivered in a timely fashion. You will be exploring ways to improve the customer experience by working closely with the Product Management team and directly with our customers, to identify use cases for improvements and new data sets. Close collaboration with our in-house and external data teams will be crucial.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for a results-driven individual with a strong understanding of complex data structures and database manipulation and willing to learn more about commercial decision-making and gain a deeper understanding of customer-led product development. Maritime knowledge would be a distinct advantage but much more important is a passion for large scale data management, data delivery and a desire to motivate a team towards exceeding expectations.
- Lead and support a team of data analysts ensuring the team fulfils client requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accompany account managers to client meetings remotely and make recommendations on how LLI’s wealth of maritime data can be integrated within client hosted systems.
- Support the sales teams with regular and bespoke data needs for current and potential clients.
- Ensure a robust and automated quality assurance model is in place for all our data services.
- Ensure that defined SLAs are met, and clients receive high quality data outputs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable experience leading a data team.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases, Oracle and/or Postgres experience.
- Demonstrable experience of using SQL and/or Python to interrogate large data sets.
- A detailed understanding of ETL processes.
- Experience of developing for and using REST API’s is desirable.
- Key attention to detail and proven experience of structuring flat data into insightful end products.
- Confident and well-presented individual who would be comfortable speaking with clients both in-person, via email and telephone.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use own initiative to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to manage several ongoing tasks at any one time.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.