News Editor/Production Specialist - Aviation Week
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Aviation Week has been hailed as the top source for aerospace and defense news and intelligence for more than 100 years. The Aviation Week Network sustains that leadership with a global editorial team that has the access to the right sources and the ability to "connect the dots."
The network includes the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, the Aviation Week Intelligence Network and numerous industry brands such as Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, Aviation Daily, Air Transport World, Business & Commercial Aviation, Inside MRO and more.
Our product and service portolio includes global conferences and events, editorial products delivered digitally and in printed magazines, data analytics, forecasting, marketing services and information technology.
Aviation Week is a part of Informa, a global publishing, business intelligence and events group dedicated to connecting businesses and professionals with the knowledge they need to learn more, know more and do more. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
We are read by C-level executives, government and military policy makers, program managers, engineers and business development and finance executives. We cover business, technology and operations for the commercial aviation, defense, space, maintenance repair and overhaul, and business aviation sectors.
The person in this position is responsible for the production of InDesign pages for Aviation Week & Space Technology (AW&ST) magazine and the Aviation Week Intelligence Network’s Market Briefings, copy editing articles for these publications, and entering articles into our Drupal-based content management system. This person may be called upon to produce/edit podcasts and videos, too, but we are willing to train someone who has the other required skills.
The person in this position must be adept at working on both digital and print products in a fast-paced environment and should have experience adding content to web content management systems.
- Produce InDesign documents for Aviation Week & Space Technology.
- Copy edit articles for Aviation Week & Space Technology and Market Briefings.
- Post articles to our Drupal-based content management system.
- Use InDesign to produce one or two of our Market Briefings each week in both PDF and HTML format. The volume may vary slightly depending on the schedule of other producers and workload for AW&ST.
- Create charts and graphs for Market Briefings using Infogram.
- Update the website as directed.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the director of editorial content production.
- Adobe InDesign document production
- Adobe InCopy article editing
- Content management system experience (Drupal preferred)
- HTML editing (Dreamweaver preferred)
- BA in journalism, English or similar degree or equivalent experience
- Podcast editing experience (Adobe Audition preferred)
- Experience with web-based graphics tools (Infogram preferred).
- Video editing experience (Adobe Premiere preferred)
- Three to five years of experience in publishing for digital and print products
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.