Smart Events Account Executive
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Markets Engineering Group, the leading B2B event and media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce, and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development, advanced engineering design, automation, manufacturing, processing, and packaging.
The Smart Events Account Executive is responsible for digital sponsorship revenue generation from new and existing customers within the Informa Markets Engineering portfolio for show brands including MD&M, BIOMEDevice, ATX, Plastics, D&M, Packaging, iPBS and Quality. This role will manage Sales to all tier level customers depending on the market by attracting new customers and is part of the IME events sales team. The Smart Events Account Executive role is critical to the business, as growing digital revenue across our events portfolio is a key factor for future success.
The Smart Events role will be expected to sell to a variety of new customers, from large key accounts to independent small and medium enterprise customers. Selling will be done over the phone and face-to-face when relevant. Performance will be evaluated based on achieving revenue and new business targets.
The Smart Event Account Executive will be knowledgeable and well-informed of the event brand industries. Further industry knowledge will be developed by collaborating with Account Managers and Brand leads. The Smart Event Account Executive will be responsible for both sourcing and closing leads. This role must understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and scope new opportunities for digital and sponsorship revenue growth among Informa Markets Engineering portfolio of events and media clients
- Sell to new small, medium and high-tier customer accounts with engaging conversations and compelling proposals while guiding them through buying process
- Utilize consultative selling methods to convert prospective customers to new digital opportunities
- Proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce of new business (CRM system)
- Inform line manager of the latest customer pipeline and booked information through accurate use of Salesforce reporting, in relation to the monthly and annual goals, so they can liaise with relevant Brand Directors weekly
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Want to learn more about Informa and what makes us a great company? Check out the links below!
- Why Informa: https://informa.com/talent/why-work-at-informa
- What we do: https://informa.com/about-us/what-we-do/
- Informa.com: https://informa.com/
- Informa Markets: https://careers.informa.com/informa-markets/vacancies.aspx
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.