Content Editor/Producer - Catersource & Special Events (Remote in US)
- 10231 Zenith Ln, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Connect provides digital content, memorable face to face experiences, networking, and professional development for customers in key industry verticals. The New York portfolio includes media and event brands across catering (Catersource), events/meetings (The Special Event, MeetingsNet, Special Events), foodservice (Nation’s Restaurant News, Restaurant Hospitality, Food Management, MUFSO), green building/sustainability (Greenbuild), insights/marketing/innovation (FEI, FUSE, TMRE, Marketing Analytics & Data Science), and retail (Supermarket News).
An Informa Connect company, Catersource Magazine, Conference & Tradeshow is dedicated to the education and growth of the professional caterer. Published four times a year, Catersource magazine is an award-winning B2B resource for catering professionals which, supports the annual Catersource Conference & Tradeshow—the largest of its kind in the U.S. The company currently produces additional live events such as the Art of Catering Food and Leading Caterers of America Executive Summit, as well as a variety of whitepapers, occasional podcasts, and webinars. Learn more at www.catersource.com or www.conference.catersource.com.
Special Events magazine and its sister conference and tradeshow, The Special Event, is the premier resource for news, insights, education, and inspiration for special event professionals who plan, manage, or supply events. Co-located with Catersource Conference & Tradeshow, the annual Catersource + The Special Event brings together catering and event professionals for four days, with over 200 educational sessions on multiple stages. Whitepapers, webinars, and occasional podcasts round out this exciting brand. Learn more at www.specialevents.com or www.thespecialeventshow.com.
Informa Connect is seeking a Content Editor/Producer, reporting to the Director of Community & Content Strategy (aka DCCS). This person will be responsible for supporting, aligning and building the Catersource and Special Events brands with high-quality content through management of Catersource and Special Events magazines and their digital products. This includes editing, writing, and producing quarterly+ magazine content, as well as assisting in the development of strategic editorial plans for the website and digital products. The position requires a strong team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude who can manage the publications and identify new potential sources of revenue-producing content. Some travel is required.
Informa is seeking an ambitious Content Editor/Producer to join team Catersource and Special Events under Informa Connect New York’s brands. This role is a fantastic opportunity to continue your career in digital content creation, learning new systems and processes and making a difference in the B2B catering and events industries. You will be involved in managing a variety of blogs and podcasts, as well as developing, editing, and writing content for two award-winning publications. In addition, you will support the promotion and execution of Catersource + The Special Event annual conferences and virtual pre-show rallies, the Art of Catering Food (relaunching in 2023), and Leading Caterers of America meeting and Executive Summit. These flagship events comprise attendance from boutique (150 attendees) to the premier industry event (8500+ attendees and 500+ exhibition stands).
The role will report directly to the Director of Community and Content Strategy (DCCS). You will support and coordinate the delivery of content within the portfolio and assist the DCCS on strategic projects. The environment is busy and challenging. We are searching for an individual with strong editorial instincts, but who can also write compelling copy.
The position is best suited to a creative, self-motivated, and confident individual who is ready to step up to the challenge, happy to work individually and as part of a team, and who is willing to fully immerse themselves in the catering and events community.
This is a remote position. As such, no moving expenses will be considered.
The position entails:
• Working closely with the DCCS, you will manage the timing and delivery of editorial content for Catersource and Special Events magazines: writing, editing, proofreading, and coordinating content layout with the creative director (currently quarterly)
• Co-manage the writing/coordination/editing and input of editorial content, including submitted blog and podcast content on Catersource.com and Specialevents.com (daily M-F) on content entry portal (daily).
• Assist DCCS with marketing team needs related to event promotion within both print and digital portals
• Support DCCS at main live event with “all hands on deck” mentality
• Work with DCCS to promote content related to the various live events the company produces
• Co-produce Special Events and Get Fresh enewsletters including sourcing of content and images (weekly; pulled from daily website content updates)
• Balance several projects at one time of varied short term, daily, and long term status
• Research (photographic, editorial)
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or communications
• Strong interest in food, hospitality, events and/or catering
• 5 years of experience as an editor/writer in print publishing
• Portfolio of published writing, either print or online content
• Strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of web content management systems
• Basic photo editing and graphic design skills
• Proven social media skills
• Superior project management and communication skills
• Ability to travel infrequently
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.