- De Entree, 1101 Amsterdam, Netherlands
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Working with the whole Operations team, the Operations Executive is responsible for providing general support to Operations in the planning and executing their allocated physical, digital and hybrid events throughout the year along with supporting the team where required onsite at the events themselves.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Ensure all preferred suppliers, venues and Show teams are kept fully up to date with show information, e.g. floorplans and exhibitor lists to an agreed frequency schedule;
· Organise, produce and maintain content for exhibitor manuals, collate relevant order forms, or web links from suppliers and venues.
· Sending out timely ‘deadline form reminders’ to exhibitors and / or working closely with Customer Service team in creating the Exhibitor newsletter content.
· Schedule collection and delivery of all freight and equipment to / from the office to the various venues for shows
· Manage all pre-show packing, research and ordering of equipment and services such as radios, stationary, wristbands, PPE, as well as onsite welfare for the show teams & official contractors
· Under the guidance of senior team members produce onsite documentation including staff briefings, exhibitor lists, floor plans, welcome packs, staff handbooks incl. safety information etc.
· Support the Content team with the delivery of Digital events, webinars and conferences
- Implementation of operational sponsorship deliverables and content collection
· Create and issue PO’s upon request and update budget & invoice trackers accordingly
· Participate at events (digital and physical onsite) where requested, performing ad hoc duties as instructed by senior team members such as setting up office(s).
· Assist with post-event reporting and analysis through collation and recording of requested data.
· Assist various teams such as Customer Service, or clients directly, with answering of operational exhibitor queries where applicable
General team support & additional areas of responsibility
· Attendance at any required meetings, minute & action taking for distribution
· Arrange travel and accommodation bookings when requested, in line with set Operations budget.
· Manage expenses and invoice payments where applicable
· Create and maintain show specific project plans in the agreed format for review & sign off by individual Operations Managers on an event by event basis
· Arrange internal Operations Team events and training at the request of Senior Management
· Action stationery and IT orders for the Operations Team
· Co-ordinate new starter process and inductions with Operations Managers
· Ensure all allocated operational tasks are carried out on a timely basis according to individual project plans and within deadlines.
· Ensuring you are working within the company’s H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines at all times
· Assisting with the implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements.
· Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility when requested by senior members of the Operations team
Background knowledge, skills & experience
· Able to demonstrate a proactive approach and take initiative, anticipating needs
· Strong time management and organisational skills; can work to tight deadlines, able to prioritise and manage several different tasks at the same time
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills in English with additional languages highly beneficial
· IT confident and able to work with various systems; including, but not limited to, excellent Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
· Ability and willingness to travel to events as required
· 6-12 months experience at Operations Executive level within the event management industry
· Working knowledge and/or understanding of the exhibition industry, venues and contractors
· Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required to deliver an event
· Bonus: Experience with digital platforms such as Swapcard, StreamYard, GoToWebinar, On24, MS Teams Live and/or Zoom
· Professional customer focused attitude; ability to stay calm and patient under pressure
· Forward thinking, flexible and able to trouble shoot
· Positive attitude, Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
· Strong attention to detail
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- You are entitled to 24 days' paid holiday per year, plus one day's paid holiday for your birthday, extra time given at certain bank holidays, and the chance to earn a free day's holiday through charity fundraising
- We offer colleagues net reimbursement for commuting travel. We will reimburse actual costs for public transport
- The official Social Committee is very active in organising social, wellness, diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Monthly AMSTAR awards recognise outstanding colleague contributions with a €100 voucher
- On 5 years of service, you will receive 25% of your gross monthly salary, 10 years = 50% on an increasing scale
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.