Senior Director, Marketing (Service Provider)
- Blu Fin, London, United Kingdom
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
The service provider market team, which is focussed on network provider market, which includes the internet players such as Facebook, Amazon and Google is seeking a new marketing leader.
The Service Provider Marketing Director role plays a key part in defining and shaping the overall strategy, lead generation and brand development of the service provider team. The role reports to the market VP and oversees marketing activity across all of our market brands in its research, digital media and event businesses.
The Marketing lead is responsible for creating a marketing strategy that is focused around Prospect Marketing (attracting client and audience prospects to the relevant Informa community), Client Marketing (converting client prospects into monetized clients), Audience Marketing (converting audience prospects into monetized audience) and Brand Marketing. The role requires the ability to lead colleagues, driving demand for the pillar’s services which spans research, digital media and events. The candidate should be experienced in the disciplines of Campaign Management, Product Marketing, Brand and Direct Response marketing, Marketing Automation, Content Marketing and Creative Design.
· Define the pillar’s integrated marketing strategy across, events, research and digital media, raising awareness, interest, desire and action in the core persona markets.
· Budget setting to support the pillar’s objectives and strategy. Track and manage budget spend over the period.
· Pillar marketing leadership – manage the pillar marketing team, allocating marketing programmes to the team and tracking progress against the strategy to grow increased audiences, revenue, and ROI.
· Leads a best practice marketing environment, driving efficiency and effectiveness, promoting the use of Marketing Excellence tools and approach, contemporary digital marketing methods and innovation.
· Sets the multi-channel demand generation strategy for Research, Events, Media and Marketing Services to grow lead volumes, values and conversions (MQLs, SALs, SQLs and Marketing Attributable Revenue).
· Attract audience for our digital media businesses (Telecoms.com & Light Reading.com). Works alongside Data & Analytics within Market Pillar to analyse data and use data to measure and improve performance in SEO and SEM. We are also developing our podcast assets in each of these brands and we have ambition to grow this format rapidly.
· Attract audience to our events, including 5G World, Big 5G, Broadband World Forum. The role supports the sales team in promoting key events at an account level. This requires direct customer interaction to drive audiences to our events. The role requires you to work directly with the marketing leaders of our event customers on our largest accounts. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates that can make our event websites more engaging and build stronger digital communities around our event brands.
· Prospect for subscription leads and audience in our subscription and custom research business (Omdia.com). Drive awareness, demand and audience for service provider research business through using PR and direct prospect and client outreach.
· Promotes best practice in reporting, forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks, opportunities and changing landscapes. Regularly reviews marketing plans, response rates, audience demographics, and industry best practices.
· Partners with Product Management in identifying and participating in the development of new products, solutions and target market prospects to secure high value new business.
· Sets direction for the marketing automation strategy including personas, segmentation, landing pages, lead scoring, customer journeys and nurturing campaigns.
- Proven tech industry/Market Pillar Knowledge; Events, Digital Media, Marketing Services and Research
- Marketing Leadership experience; excellent coaching skills; leading and motivating teams through change.
- Highly developed negotiation & communication skills
- Planning, developing and executing go to market strategic marketing plans and accurate forecasting
- Engaging at a senior level, building long lasting relationships, solutions selling with highly developed negotiation skills, executive presence and presentation abilities
- Evidence of working in a matrix organisation
- Data Analytical Skills - review data and information, draw conclusions and actionable takeaways.
- Commerciality/commercial acumen
- Expertise in contemporary digital marketing methods.
- Strong project management expertise
- Expertise/knowledge of best practice/latest thinking in the field of Public Relations
Why work for Informa?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday! In addition, as a gesture during the pandemic, Informa is offering colleagues an additional 5 days’ vacation in 2022, to take at any time during 2022 for anyone who has joined the company by 31st December 2021.
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby. Hybrid working opportunities available (balanced between home and office).
- Training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Life assurance
- Pension match and a range of other entirely flexible benefits to suit your needs
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.