Employee Experience Manager
- 530 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for you to join our newly formed Culture team! We care about making sure the experience for all colleagues is valued based, underpinned by our shared behaviors, and is transparent, motivating and rewarding. And of course, it’s got to be fun.
You’ll report into our Global Head of Culture and be part of a wider global, diverse team of people experts, helping to shape the experience of our 2000+ Colleagues from California, US to Auckland, New Zealand.
As well as jumping in to continuously improve our ever-evolving employee experience across every stage of the employee lifecycle, you’ll begin with, and be the owner of how we do recognition; researching, defining and rolling out a global strategy that recognizes our colleagues fairly.
This is a great opportunity if you’ve been working in a similar capacity in a junior level role for a few years and are ready for next step of your career. You’ll be happy in this role if you can bring a passion for people. You’ll bring an enthusiasm to learn the ins and outs of recognition, and how to deliver it, bringing it to life through fostering positivity, recognition and the expression of gratitude, all with watertight project management skills.
Closing date: January 31, 2022
What you'll be doing:
- Researching, defining, proposing and rolling out a global recognition strategy aligned with our shared values and behaviours, and company goals, deriving insight and leveraging existing data around what motivates our colleagues.
- Leading and delivering our yearly awards programme [The T&F Awards] - a hybrid, global celebration.
- Partnering with each of our HR Senior Leaders and their specialist teams (Talent Acquisition; L&OD; Reward; Knowledge Transfer; Operations; Reward; Diversity and Business Partnering) to help shape and continually improve our people priorities.
- Working collaboratively with the specialist teams on projects required by the People roadmap to ensure Culture is represented and factored into decision making
- Establishing relationships across the business as a trusted adviser with a finger on the pulse of colleague’s motivations and needs.
- Staying close to the work of our Global Head of Reward, ensuring our recognition practices are aligned.
- Developing training materials and communications for the implementation and embedding of our approach to recognition.
- Working closely with our People Relations specialist to design and roll out campaigns and programs through our online recognition platform that embeds our values and shared behaviours into everyday interactions with one another.
- Working with the internal communication team to develop communications for the People team that connects colleagues to the importance of recognition.
- Annual process and calibration reviews. Establishing governance and guidelines, measuring and reworking our recognition strategy to keep us at the top of our game.
- Supporting the Global Head of Culture as directed on ad-hoc projects, in a fast paced and dynamic business.
- Demonstrated related 3-4 years of experience in a similar or relevant role.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly credible individual with a proven track record in delivering results across a global business.
- A background in a People connected field, that might be an HR specialism, Communications or another role with a People focus at heart.
- Experienced liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- Highly skilled at evaluating, developing, and implementing creative programs that bring alignment across the organization.
- Passion for collaboration, both within a People team and with senior stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and self-directed and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have a ‘roll your sleeves up attitude' but use your experience to strategically input and drive various areas of Culture work already in motion.
- Engaging communication style with high attention to detail across all written communication mediums.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to meet manage multiple projects and deadlines, prioritize various demands, and identify/solve problems creatively.
- Experience in a global multinational organisation is essential to execute strategy via an often matrix environment
- Able to manage complexity, ambiguity and change.
- A positive approach to lifelong learning, pushing themselves to adapt and grow.
- A proactive attitude, with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive salary
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Life events leave; i.e. moving or wedding
- Medical & vision benefits
- 4 volunteering days per year
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to live and work in the United States.
- This role is open and remote to candidates in a commutable driving distance to either our Boca Raton, FL or Philadelphia, PA office.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.