Credit Risk Analyst/Associate Analyst – EMEA (Arabic Speaker)
- 110 Southwark St, London SE1 0TA, UK
Lloyd’s List Intelligence transforms data, information and expertise into actionable analytics, insight and perspective that create value for customers. For almost 300 years we’ve been the go-to partner for maritime intelligence and today help over 60,000 professionals do their jobs better. Lloyd’s List Intelligence, a global company part of Informa plc, is looking for an Associate Analyst or Analyst (depending on experience) to join it’s expanding team. The Credit Risk Analyst/Associate Analyst – EMEA (Arabic or Spanish speaker) is an exciting role that forms part of the Risk and Compliance Data team at Lloyd’s List Intelligence, the global leaders in geo-spatial Big Data tracking and analysis of 80% of global trade on more than 400,000 ships.
The Credit Risk Analyst/Associate Analyst (EMEA) is responsible for researching and reporting on marine, commodity and energy companies located across the world, with an emphasis on Middle East, North Africa region businesses. The candidate will contribute to the credit report production in the EMEA region (with a focus on MENA and MED) and ensure the delivery and quality of regional maritime company analysis and due diligence, to support our EMEA revenue growth plans and customer groups. They will work with a team of credit analysts to research and validate the entities associated with vessels to build operating structures, conduct financial analysis and generate credit ratings.
Lloyd’s List Intelligence has an ambitious roadmap for the next three years including a programme of data analytics-based projects, which the Credit Risk team will be supporting. Credit risk team is looking to add a new team member at Associate Analyst or Analyst level, depending on experience. The position presents an exciting opportunity for a results-driven individual with experience in company and financial analysis and reporting, aspiring to gain exposure and experience within the maritime sector. Maritime knowledge would be an advantage but much more important is a passion for company investigations and someone who can work well with continual change and a desire to exceed expectations. Candidates with less experience in the maritime industry but strong company and financial analysis and reporting experience are welcome to apply.
Existing network of contacts within the maritime/commodity trading industry will be considered a plus.
- Produce an agreed number of credit reports per month against volume and timeliness KPI
- Research and analyse companies, shipping and financial markets as well as other relevant data and information to make confident and concise credit risk judgements while displaying knowledge and integrity, making estimates and projections of companies’ future financial performance.
- Existing network with clients and other members of the industry will be a big plus. Under the role that candidate is expected to attend conferences and other events within the wider Maritime/Shipping sector.
- Continually develop understanding of the shipping industry to enable high quality writing on the profile of the company, which will include covering vessel types, chartering activity, cargo trade routes, bunkering, finance etc.
- Make regular contact with clients and market contacts by phone and email, as well as maintaining good relations with external suppliers of information. Network with clients and other members of the industry at conferences and other events.
- Respond to queries from customers efficiently and professionally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Required to be proficient (both spoken and written) in English. Fluency in a second language is required, and Arabic language skills are strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in financial analysis, due diligence and research is required. Past work experience in either the Maritime, Commodity and/or Energy sectors is highly preferable.
- Demonstrable analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative as well as demonstrate a proven understanding of analysing company financial data.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to persuade others.
- A demonstrable understanding of analysing company financial data
- Experience of resolving complex customer queries is advantageous
- Innovative and dynamic approach to problem-solving
Why work for Informa?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby. Hybrid working opportunities available (balanced between home and office).
- Training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Life assurance
- Pension match and a range of other entirely flexible benefits to suit your needs
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.