Head of Data Science
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
- Execute advanced analytics roadmaps, formulate strategies for solving business problems through data science, and amplify value of data through advanced analytics programs
- Lead research and development of enablers including acquisition propensity models, customer segmentation models, experimentation metrics etc supporting customer acquisition, development, management and building new analytic products
- Build recommender systems to improve user, product, company, content discoverability, simplify customer experience and increase engagement
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and establish structure, framework to experiment, learn, productize ML and NLP based systems to solve various business problems
- Establish MLops and partner with data engineering teams to develop automated pipelines to manage different stages of the model life cycle from data collection and cleansing, model development and validation, model deployment, scoring, continuous validation, etc.
- Hire, develop and lead a team of data scientists, statisticians, and analysts
- Build the data science team
- ML and NLP implementations
- Advanced Analytical products
- Experience in Advanced Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines and a degree in statistics, data science, data mining, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Data science team management experience
- Deep experience developing successful advanced analytics-based solutions to business problems preferably in the Media and Marketing industry
- Hands-on knowledge of various machine learning algorithms, libraries, and tools
- Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases
- Experience with statistical languages, tools and libraries like R, Python, SAS, Jupyter, Anaconda, Zeppelin, Pandas, Numpy
- Experience with Sagemaker, Azure ML, AutoML and similar ML and NLP frameworks
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured datasets and large data processing in platforms like AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight, Databricks or similar
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.