Strategic Account Manager - Remote
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Pharma Intelligence is the trusted partner of the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies and the top 10 contract research organizations (CRO’s) – providing timely intelligence and insight to make authoritative decisions. Our connected team of journalists, researchers, and analysts is based in key markets around the globe.
The world's top pharmaceutical, MedTech, generics, consumer healthcare and clinical research organizations rely on Pharma Intelligence for our authority, precision, and forward-thinking analysis so they can work smarter, make better decisions faster with more confidence, and achieve greater success.
The Pharma Intelligence team currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Account Manager with pharma industry experience. The Strategic Account Manager will manage a defined book of existing accounts.
We are seeking a confident, driven and business focused Strategic Account Manager with documented success in exceeding sales targets and networking throughout their targeted clients. The ideal candidate will come from a business-intelligence or subscription-based sales in the healthcare arena.
The role is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, articulate Self-starter, who enjoys both cultivating client relationships and uncovering new sales, as well as working for an organization with excellent and varied career development opportunities. Competitive salary plus commission and excellent benefits package provided.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
· Actively grow and maintain existing client base of strategic accounts, as well as pursue and close new business opportunities with new accounts
· Foster long term strategic relationships with key client stakeholders by developing a strong understanding of client’s business needs to maintain current revenue with annual uplift
· Ability to strategically map and plan approach to grow existing accounts using industry knowledge and clients' identified needs
· Be responsible for the full sales cycle by leveraging sales support teams and other internal resources as needed
· Travel to meet with client when appropriate, and maintain regular contact via phone and/ or social media
· Master knowledge of Informa Pharma Intelligence product suite and services (subscriptions, one-time products, and consulting), track competitors & clients to provide excellent service & maximize sales
· Establish productive, professional relationships with strategic business leaders
· Build and manage a robust pipeline and prepare accurate sales forecasts, new growth ideas and contingency plans
· Meet required KPIs and ensure your activity meets or exceeds Informa standards and expectations
· Continually improve your product and industry knowledge while also understanding client pain points to ensure the best support can be offered to your customers and colleagues
· Contribute fully to the objectives of your division and achieve the personal objectives set by your manager
· Be expected to collaborate with colleagues of all levels proactively, positively and professionally
· Provide feedback from customer training sessions / meetings – share with colleagues and ‘manage up’
· Maintain high customer satisfaction for all Informa services, functions and experiences
Key skills and competencies required for the role:
· At least 4 years of sales experience and account management
· A proven track record of having successfully and consistently won new business contracts
· Experience in $1 M plus deal management and closing
· Working knowledge of the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry
· Excellent communication, presentation, listening, negotiation and closing skills
· Account Management experience up-selling & cross-selling directly to senior decision-makers
· Strong networking and rapport building ability
· Proven ability to successfully conduct business with clients in person
· Accountability, Positivity & Integrity
· Capable, and comfortable, in challenging the status quo
· To be a dynamic self-starter, solution focused and a creative thinker
· Ability to present complex ideas & products simply, so they resonate with your audience
· Ability to present to different audiences / personas in their own ‘language’
· Ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with colleagues and clients to maximize product potential
· Strong organizational skills to set priorities and be flexible in changing, fast-paced, and high-stress environment
· Highly developed business acumen and the ability to understand the wider issues of the industry
· Effective use of Salesforce.com to detail contact and progress on each account
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.