Oracle EBS General Ledger Specialist
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence, and scholarly research group.
We are the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs, and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn, and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities, and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. They aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training, and events that inform, educate, and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. They commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major service hubs in the United Kingdom, the United States, Hong Kong, and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
Group Technology Overview
Group Technology (GT) is a central technology function sitting within Informa’s Global Support division. It manages, supports and delivers technology services for all Informa divisions. Responsibilities include Architecture, Product Platform Delivery, Programme and project delivery, Infrastructure, Application support and development, Security Operations and Service Management.
Under a new Group Technology leadership team, we are looking to improve maturity across all technical capabilities to help grow and thrive into the future. At the heart of that goal is the need to embark on a transformational journey to deliver a step change across our systems, culture and ways of working to support the strategic aspirations of the Group - as we pivot from being a predominantly face to face business and leverage the strength of our brands in an omnichannel and digital environment.
As such, Group Technology is embarking on a clear roadmap for the modernisation of legacy services whilst developing new platforms, solutions and techniques that transform the department into an enabler of reliable, scalable and secure services that support Informa’s digital agenda and diverse customer landscape.
The Oracle EBS General Ledger Specialist is responsible for oversight of global support for the Informa Oracle EBS system. A major aspect of the role will be engaging with business stakeholders in driving improvements and enhancements.
The Key responsibilities of the role:
- Business partnering with stakeholders especially but not exclusively in the Global R2R/ Record to Report business Stream Lead on delivering process improvements and enhancements
- Understand the Accounting technical requirement and translate that into a functional or technical solution to meet the requirements
- Identifying process improvements in General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management areas
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for Projects impacting record to report systems and/or processes
- Design, document and/or build solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Working with the outsourced service provider to enhance the Informa processes. The outsourced company manage all EBS incidents and BAU requests.
- Identifying & gathering change requirements and contributing to overall Oracle system change management processes;
- Engaging with Stakeholders to manage the team relationships with the business and report back on Team performance
- Provide guidance to Informa governance boards to drive the roadmap in support of approved projects.
- Manage small projects/ enhancements
- Involvement in providing support in the ERP arena relating to mergers and acquisition activities
- Guide Business users on development and "best practice" options.
- Research system improvements and implement if approved
- Answering ad-hoc user queries
Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Finance modules including Record to Report module General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Cash Management.
- Full-cycle project management experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, documentation, and problem-solving skills
- Finance experience with a demonstrable technical focus;
- Detail & service-oriented self-starter able to effectively prioritize assignments and meet deadlines;
- Willing to work to policies and procedures;
- Ability to adapt, learn and evolve in a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within strict timetables.
- An accounting qualification is desirable
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12
- Experience working in an Finance or IT Finance Support / Implementation role