Information Security Culture & Awareness Manager
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
The Information Security Culture & Awareness Manager role is part of Group Information Security team within the Informa Global Support division of Informa Plc.
The Information Security Culture & Awareness Manager role will be responsible for owning and running Information Security (InfoSec) culture and awareness across the Group and monitoring internal effectiveness.
This important role will have ownership of the security culture, training & awareness - in which you will have the have the freedom to run and shape the function in your own image. This includes strategy, managing content and campaigns, establishing a network of security champions, and working with the Information Security Leadership Team (ISLT) to ensure the global rollout of the training & awareness programme is done so effectively.
We are looking for a hands-on Security Culture & Awareness Manager with experience of creating a positive change attitude and the ability to promote a security awareness culture.
Key Areas of Responsibility/Accountability
- Build, maintain and measure an active security awareness programme that engages colleagues, reduces risk to the Informa by changing colleague’s behaviour, and ensures our organisation remains compliant with relevant legislation and security policy.
- Developing a network of security champions / ambassadors to assist in the rollout of the security training & awareness program.
- Communication with ISLT / senior stakeholders to translate messages to ensure you win the hearts and minds of all colleagues, and in doing so ensuring security principles are adopted.
- Gain support and understanding for the subject of information security across the organisation at all levels and bringing it to life in creative ways.
- Develop and implement specific training materials on information security subject matters.
- Oversee the smooth running of day-to-day awareness activities and events.
- Build purposeful relationships by collaborating, sharing, and seeking opinions and ideas across the Group
- Make information security more accessible to colleagues and raise the profile of the security team.
- Assist other parts of the Information Security team in identifying information security gaps within services, systems, and processes.
- Contribute to the overall Information Security programme of improvements across the Group.
- Deliver training and awareness sessions across the group.
- Manage the communications around information security incidents.
- Manage development of the Information Security Portal, ensuring pages are up to date, managed and relevant to Informa Colleagues.
- Liaison, co-ordination and building relationships with divisional and group comms teams whilst aligning with ongoing broader communications strategy.
- Experience of implementing awareness, education and training events or campaigns.
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills; experience of negotiating and managing internal and external stakeholders and third parties.
- Ability to form complex communications/messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various parts of the group.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the culture and ethos of Informa.
- Proven track record of operating in time critical, diverse, creative and corporate Environments.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of the guiding principles behind ISO27001 and related standards.
- Ability and confidence to prioritise and balance conflicting and diverse demands from technical and business perspectives.
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we make every effort to offer flexible working patterns and prioritise promotion opportunities for internal candidates. Our benefits include:
- A tailored learning and development plan and access to online material to support your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits package including pension, healthcare and a range of wellbeing benefits
- Share-Match options so you can become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Central office in Blackfriars, close to mainline and Underground stations, an onsite gym and restaurant, and a variety of amenities nearby
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information