Lead Conference Producer - Elevating Founders
- 110 Southwark St, London SE1 0TA, UK
Informa Tech Founders is a joint-venture between Informa Tech and Founders Forum established to celebrate the strength and diversity of tech in the UK, and London as the epicentre of tech in Europe, by combining Informa Tech’s world class events and heritage of London Tech Week with the convening power of Founders Forum. Informa Tech Founders welcomes the accelerateHER and Elevating Founders brands into London Tech Week, Africa Tech Festival and Asia Tech X, alongside sector-specific events including ClimateTech Summit and HealthTech Summit. Our portfolio of events and marketing services provides opportunities for the talent of today and tomorrow to connect and collaborate on a global scale, during London Tech Week and beyond.
Informa Tech informs, educates, and connects the technology community through world-class research, training, events, and media. We believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry. We offer an unrivalled reach to decision-makers in the technology marketplace, leveraging over 100 recognised and trusted brands, including London Tech Week, Africa Tech Festival, Asia Tech X, The AI Summit, Black Hat and Omdia.
Founders Forum is an event-powered community, forging connections to accelerate the positive impact of technology on our world. Our community is a global network of the world’s most inspirational founders, global leaders, senior investors, and disruptive rising stars, brought together to share ideas and discuss the profound impact of technology on society.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional content lead or event portfolio manager to lead the Elevating Founders brand at Informa Tech Founders, a joint-venture between Informa Tech and Founders Forum. The mission of Elevating Founders is to identify and empower early-stage entrepreneurs who are building a better future, through events, programmes, and community engagement.
The role will involve producing and project managing the Elevating Founders anchor event at London Tech Week as well as Elevating Founders events at Africa Tech Festival and Asia Tech X, running year-round Elevating Founders and F Factor pitch programmes, and managing the Founders of the Future community.
This fast-paced role will require ambition, strong analytical research skills, a strong commercial focus, the ability to build relationships with founders, investors and senior industry and government figures, a keen interest in and understanding of the tech start-up ecosystem, the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and excellent internal and external stakeholder management.
If you are passionate about empowering entrepreneurs and early-stage founders to change the world for the better and want to build a vibrant marketplace for business-ready start-ups at London Tech Week and Informa Tech’s other major festivals, we want to hear from you!
Key areas of responsibility:
- Producing and project managing the Elevating Founders event at London Tech Week
- Producing and project managing Elevating Founders events at Africa Tech Festival and Asia Tech X
- Running year-round Elevating Founders and F Factor pitch programmes
- Managing the Founders of the Future community
- Recruiting world-class speakers – the biggest names in tech
- Building a network of engaged start-up and investor contacts
- Contributing to our year-round content programme and supporting our marketing services offering
- Managing internal and external stakeholders and aligning Elevating Founders content with other Informa Tech and Founders Forum events
- Representing Elevating Founders within Informa Tech and Founders Forum and at external ecosystem events
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ambition and strategic vision
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Passionate for empowering entrepreneurs and early-stage founders
- Strong analytical research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to build relationships with entrepreneurs, founders, and investors
- Ability to build relationships with senior industry and government figures
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities
- Resilience, flexibility, and ability to work autonomously
Experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of the B2B event world
- Experience of successfully delivering large-scale, multi-track events in a fast-paced commercial organisation
- Conference production experience: market research, agenda development, speaker acquisition, successful onsite delivery
- Event project management experience
- Commercially astute with proven experience as a practical deliverer
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to forge positive relationships with multiple different internal and external stakeholders
- Interest in technology and the tech start-up ecosystem
- Ideally experience of running start-up pitch programmes and competitions
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.