- 52 Vanderbilt Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Taylor & Francis Group is an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Leading international academic publisher Routledge, part of the Taylor and Francis Group, are currently looking to recruit a commissioning editor to work on the Education list. This is an exciting opportunity to commission professional books and textbooks for pre-service and in-service educators, academics, and scholars.
You would be proactive in commissioning a range of text-types in Education. Topics are subject to change but may include Gifted Education and Twice-Exceptional Learners.
We are particularly looking for someone who can grow each subject area, working to meet demanding signings and manuscript handover targets, as well as exploring and commissioning Open Access publishing opportunities for the list.
You possess strong commercial awareness, excellent networking skills, and a collegiate attitude towards the sharing of projects and ideas. The ability to deliver revenue growth is essential.
Closing date: January 31, 2022
What you’ll be doing:
- planning a short and long term strategy for the growth and profitability of your subject area lists
- generating author leads and commissioning more than 25-30 new books a year through existing contacts, field research, conferences, new editions, social media, and other tools
- evaluating proposals, managing the peer review process, and negotiating contracts
- managing titles under contract to schedule and to budget and for quality control
- liaising with internal colleagues in Sales, Marketing, and other departments, as well as with external contacts at academic societies and professional organizations, to further the success of the list
Experience of commissioning professional and academic books would be preferred, though extensive commissioning experience is not essential. A short (half to one page) message or cover letter outlining your suitability for the role is preferred.
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Medical & vision benefits
- Volunteering days
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Paid parental leave
- Paid leave for life events (i.e. wedding, moving, etc)
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to live and work in the US
- This position is remote to candidates on the East Coast to ensure as much overlap working hours with colleagues in the UK. The role has the possibility of working from our Philadelphia, PA, New York, NY, or Boca Raton, FL offices in the future.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.