Graduate Research Analyst
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa Connect organizes major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a particular market. We run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programs for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences, and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
The Research & Insight team are driven to be the ‘voice of the customer’ across Informa Connect, covering all customer groups including: audiences, delegates, visitors and commercial partners. Their aim is to empower the business with actionable audience insight to underpin strategy and revenue generation.
The Research Analyst will support Informa Connect by coordinating quality data and collating insight on delegates, audiences and customers across Informa Connect verticals. This is achieved primarily through the online survey tools Qualtrics and Explori and presented to the business in the form of PowerPoint presentations, reports, spreadsheets, graphs and/or verbal meetings.
The skills developed will enable the successful candidate to establish a career in research and insight. They will learn and eventually demonstrate the ability to influence the organisation to change and develop our products and brands to improve the customer experience and commercial success of the business.
In this role:
Survey Project Management
- Coordinating with marketing teams and other internal stakeholders to set up post-event surveys
- Keeping to a tight schedule of events to ensure post-event surveys are sent out in a timely manner
- Collecting data from a range of systems and sources and inputting into programmes such as Qualtrics, Explori and Excel
- Designing & building bespoke surveys for consumer / ‘non-standard’ events in Explori or Qualtrics
- Liaising with external stakeholders (Explori)
- Designing, building and reviewing ad-hoc surveys
- Creating research deliverables for internal stakeholders
- Provide internal stakeholders with timely, coherent and accurate research support
- Supporting wider team in ad-hoc projects and tasks when necessary
- Partnering with key internal stakeholders and wider colleagues to better understand delegate and audience drivers when attending Informa events
- Responding to business queries in a professional and timely manner when required
- Degree qualified in a relevant field
- Excellent communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical reasoning
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for data and research
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Logical approach to the interpretation and analysis of data and research
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave rising to 27 days after two years’ service
- 4 days for volunteering opportunities
- Mental Health Support
- Access and membership to inclusive internal Communities
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Matched pension
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
- Competitive opt in flexible benefits scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.