Editorial Account Manager
- Hinderton Point, Lloyd Drive, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Barbour ABI are part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, is the UK’s leading provider of intelligence and lead generation services that help clients to generate new business opportunities from the construction sector. With more than 80 years of experience and 100+ colleagues based at Cheshire Oaks within our research, sales, client management and marketing teams, the quality of our data collection processes and existing knowledge in researching and tracking construction projects is second to none – we publish the UK Government’s National Infrastructure & Construction Pipeline and provide the Office for National Statistics with critical data to produce its Construction New Orders estimates.
Barbour ABI are looking Editorial Account Manager to join our rapidly growing global company based in Cheshire Oaks.
An Editorial Account Manager is required to create and manage online profiles for Barbour Product Search, build and manage client relationships, write engaging content and work as part of an Editorial Team to further the success of the product.
What will you be doing?
- Creating and publishing copy, images and files online via the Content Management System (CMS) ensuring timely publication, accuracy and optimisation for the web
- Managing accounts and communicate regularly with clients to build and maintain strong relationships
- Using social media and other platforms to promote client content and increase brand awareness
- Creating copy for weekly e-newsletters
- Writing engaging content for the blog and other relevant online platforms
- Answering phone and email queries from clients and support sales team
- Recording activities and communications with clients in the database system
- Producing reports of work in progress
What skills and experience do you need to have in order to be successful in this role?
- Excellent copywriting skills with awareness of writing for the web
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- PC literacy
- Good organisational & time management skills – with ability to organise own priorities
- Able to manage pressure and work to deadlines
- Able to work without supervision
- Knowledge of social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of HTML (desirable)
- Experience of manipulating digital images/files (desirable)
- Knowledge of building industry products (desirable)
- Awareness of digital marketing / communicating to online audiences (desirable)
- English to A Level, journalism, copywriting or digital marketing qualification (desirable)
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.