Product Manager, Real World Intelligence
- 110 Southwark St, London SE1 0TA, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Intelligence (II), part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, brings specialist data, intelligence and insight to businesses and professionals around the world, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment. II has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. It has a valuable portfolio of over 100 digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche
communities spanning multiple industry verticals. The business has dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
Pharma intelligence, and Business Intelligence at Informa, have a Product led culture, with a strong focus on the market challenges, persona needs, and solution-driven product development. This focus and the exceptional growth in our Clinical portfolio over the past few years, has led to a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned Product Manager in this space, to drive our rapidly growing Real World intelligence offering and roadmap.
The ideal candidate will bring strong product and market expertise and passion for developing products – ideally with a strong understanding of the Pragmatic Marketing Framework.
The individual will work collaboratively with Head of Clinical Strategy, Product Management and Partnership colleagues to help validate the market needs and support product roadmaps and market requirements, as well as use scenarios that lead to growth through content delivery, aggregation or integration – including surfacing through new offerings and delivery approaches.
The Product Manager will act as a champion for the market and domain internally - working closely with product management teams on specific projects around data connectivity, individual partner opportunities, or new product ideas to enable our content more effectively in the future. In addition, this commercially experienced role will support specific customer events, use cases, or presentations helping to champion and demonstrate our strong domain understanding alongside our content, product developments and ontology roadmaps, etc.
Domain-expertise either in the biopharmaceutical/drug development industry with some clinical or relevant background, or experience in the Real World Data market, would be a significant asset. A seasoned Product Manager with experience in managing products at all stages of the product lifecycle would be highly valued – however expertise in Pharma/RWD would be a huge advantage, and Product Management development could be offered for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, ambitious and intuitive professional that enjoys the fast-paced nature of the global pharmaceutical intelligence industry and is looking to establish a strong career in an innovative global business intelligence brand with fantastic career development opportunities. This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Clinical Strategy, and have a number of direct reports to support and drive the Real World Intelligence product roadmap and build execution.
- Working with the Head of Clinical Strategy, Head of Product and Product Management team, to create and execute a 1-3 year roadmap that includes new Real World Intelligence solutions and driving portfolio opportunity where required.
- Developing clear and compelling roadmap and prioritisation based on client/market need is critical. Supporting proposed strategies with a detailed business case analysis for new products and product extensions.
- Working closely with the technology development team and the real-world data team/network, to track progress on specific customer and product initiatives, from initial product concept through the full product lifecycle.
- Partnering with the wider Go-to- Market and Product Marketing teams to provide thought leadership around the product set and assist with product promotion and positioning in the marketplace.
- Working with the Marketing & Sales teams to articulate product value proposition and champion the product internally and externally.
- Tracking product metrics and managing to goals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Strong background and experience in the pharma industry or the Real World service/data market (strong understanding of the market).
Strong background and experience with Real World Data and how it relates to the pharma industry.
Healthcare industry experience recommended, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in product development. Understanding of the approach for new product development - ideally within the BI services industry. Expertise in the Clinical or Real-World Data domain is preferred, and therefore Product training/development would be offered for the right candidate.
- Team player who brings a sense of positive energy and the ability to influence, inspire and motivate cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to construct and evaluate different business model approaches to maximize ROI.
- Working with the partner leads to help validate and prioritise potential partnerships based on market opportunity, customer needs, content and technical feasibility. Working closely with individual product managers and content experts to transition on-board.
- Expert in content, and the challenges across the industry in enabling stronger use cases, identifying new use cases through delivery or content combination and partners.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adjust communication style when interacting with customers, team members, peers and management, and the passion to communicate to the organization as the voice of the market and a champion.
- Strong commercial focus, balancing vision with pragmatism to help support the creation of business cases and following through to help the creation of growing profitable, market-leading products.
- A passion for spending time in the market, building and nurturing relationships with current, former and potential customers.
Why work for Informa?
- Learning and Development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.